Burning bones and the worst babysitter

No matter how often he sees it, Dust will always be jealous of Cross's espionage skills.

It had been easy for them to find the place they'd taken Frezh to after Horror woke up. With him as an excellent tracker, the goal was reached in no time at all.

The building looked nondescript from the outside, but weren't those most of the secret hiding spots? Dust just hoped they'd find him quickly. Because even with determined monsters like them, it would be difficult to defeat a large number of humans. Hopefully, whoever was responsible for putting them in those child bodies had a good explanation. Otherwise Dust couldn't guarantee the safety of this person.

Killer, Horror and he waited in front of the hiding place for Cross to scout the way to the next stop and give them the green light to enter.

“I can't believe you and Criss-Cross managed to convince Love and Toriel to do this mission. Especially Toriel. We all know how she is towards children.", commented Killer and made Dust sigh. Killer just brought it up again so that Horror would be informed, as he had only woken up after the conversation. So Dust turned to him and informed him.

“Toriel and Love were initially against letting us go. Said something about how it would be too dangerous for babybones like us and that we should stay indoors to wait for Errors to wake up. So Cross got the idea to tell them that the monster that had put Error in this fake heat could show up at any time to get him back. Love said it wasn't possible since he saw him die, so I just threw in that Gaster still had powerful allies who could look for us. Of course this worried Toriel and she wanted answers from Love, so they went a little further away to talk. Then you woke up and you know the rest of it. ”Did they sneak out of the house secretly? Maybe. But they would never have got out any other way. With every minute that goes by, Frezh can get worse. And they couldn't let him die until the debt was paid.

Horror just nodded in understanding and turned his gaze back to the direction in which Cross had gone. The timing was perfect because shortly afterwards Cross signaled to them that the air was clear.

Great. Now the fun could begin.

They cautiously penetrated through the ventilation shafts, which were actually much too big for normal ventilation shafts and thus almost invited to move through them. Perhaps just because the space was too small for a full-grown person, people thought that children would not fit through? How stupid people could be. (Dust also forgot the point of view that children really don't normally break into such buildings.)

The first stop of the four was actually a storage room in which they curiously opened the boxes carefully. Each box was carefully searched to find the necessary utensils. They went through almost all of the boxes until Horror Dust's attention grabbed it. "Are... they going?"

Dust came up to him and looked into the box. The contents made him grin. “Great Horror. This is exactly what I was looking for."

Everyone got something from the contents of the box. Dust was the last to take something as he had to do something with the rest of the things they would leave behind. But that wasn't a big problem for him and within eight minutes the four skeletons were back in the ventilation shafts.

The next stop was an abandoned office. There Cross immediately sat at the computer and hacked in to get the information he needed.

"Damn it. It's always so easy to forget that Crossy can be so adept at hacking, because Error usually does the job. ”Dust could watch Cross enjoy Killer's praise when the soft purple on his cheeks was something. But he didn't blame him. With Nightmare dead and Error out of action, Killer was in charge of their little gang. And praise from the boss? Each of them was hungry for it. Even if Nightmares and Errors praise are more effective than those of Killer. The two rarely gave praise. But when you got it, you knew you deserved it.