Back Home

Error had just stepped into the portal and could hear his glitchy soul piece sing with joy, even if it confused him why it was so. It sang from home. But it was impossible. His home was long gone-

"Killer, what the hell?!" That was the only warning Error got before someone pushed him from behind and got the ball rolling. Literally. Because somehow the whole Babygang managed to get caught while falling so that thanks to the momentum they rolled the rest of the way out of the portal and finally landed in soft grass. The laughter of Love and Frezh could be heard clearly behind them.

"Get off me, you abominations!" As fast as he could, Error climbed out of the pile of limbs. That was an uncomfortable experience and he never wanted to experience it again, thank you very much.

"Where are we ...?" At Horror's question everyone started looking around and looking for clues that could tell them which AU they ended up in this time. Though it had to be right, as their souls sang contentedly from home. But that wasn't revealing either. There was just a lot of forest, a few fields and an associated village, which by its size could almost be considered a small town. And behind it on a hill-

"No. That can not be. I remember it was destroyed. It's not possible." All looked curiously at Error as he fell into an incomprehensible murmur. What made him react like that?

"Error? Honey what's up? What did you see?" And although Error was confused by Love calling him that, he gave the larger skeleton an answer anyway.

“That tree over there on the hill? Neither he nor this world should exist. It had been destroyed a long time ago. It doesn't make sense why Dreamtale would stand again. And a copy can be impossible. Inky is very conscious not to make any further copies of Dreamtale. So why ?!" And while the adults looked confused, the shock of the Babygang could be seen on their faces. Each of them knew the history of Dreamtale up to a point. Albeit perhaps from Nightmare's somewhat biased point of view. But, biased or not, none of them liked what it implied.

"That means there is a little version of Boss walking around here that is openly abused while his brother is not aware of it?" Killer asked angrily. A new, great surge of liquid hatred ran from his eye sockets and for a brief moment the soul of Killer seemed unstable.

“Basically yes. Though it can be assumed that there will be some small changes, as there are with most copies. But the core story stays the same." And while Error absolutely disliked the fact that it was a copy of Dreamtale, it explained why their souls were singing about home. Because their souls searched for the missing piece in their bond. And with at least one copy of Nightmare here? No wonder it reacted to it. Although their souls shouldn't have such a strong reaction, as this version of Nightmare is neither the original nor corrupted, which can be deduced from the state of the world. So why was his soul beating so hard like his nightmare was around here?

"It's more than just a few small changes." At Dust's note, everyone followed his gaze and stared in shock at what they saw. They weren't prepared to see that.

There, unmistakably, Dream was standing on the edge of the village and seemed to be helping an older cat monster. But that wasn't shocking. On the one hand, the considerable deer antlers on his head, which were decorated with gold jewelry and flowers, were shocking. Error even thought he saw a pair of scales hanging from one of the many gold chains. His crown seemed to have been replaced by a chain on which hung a sun symbol, which rested on his forehead. On the other hand, there was the fact that you could see a long, bony tail around his waist, which worked like a belt. But the whole thing was rounded off by the size of Dream. Where their dream had previously only reached Error's imaginary stomach, this dream, if you pull the horns off, was almost as big as Error itself had been before.

"That's ... more than expected." confessed Error, keeping an eye on the dream. That would have to be observed. Taking a look at Love, Error added something to the list. He had to find out why some sanses seem to have extra limbs.

"Soooo ... But something more important. Where will we live here?", Love asked and the Babygang looked at him in surprise for a moment. True, there was something else to take care of. But at least about the accommodation, Error quickly got an idea. In case of doubt, they could steal food and other things from the village. Scrap that. They'll definitely steal from the village as a small revenge. Even if this wasn't their nightmare, they could still give him a little help. In return for what their Nightmare had done for them.

“What do you think of a treehouse?” And really! Just the excited look in Horror and Crosses eyes was worth it. Now they just have to find a suitable place. The closer it was to the tree of feelings, the better, found Error. This would make it easier for them to keep an eye on Nightmare, the tree, and the villagers.