Everything has consequences

When Hover found these children, he didn't expect such a story behind them. He could already see that these children had been through a lot, but the fact that they come from a completely different multiverse was quite a bit to deal with at the beginning. On the other hand, it explained why there can be doppelgangers of Despair's boys here, even though this multiverse no longer has any copies, thanks to XGaster.

Hover really should have an initial conversation with Balance. Because no matter how noble Balance may have been, he still had doomed another multiverse. Then again, the chances are good that Balance doesn't care at all about what becomes of this other multiverse. He's more likely to be like Paint when it comes to things like that. Paint, while being the guardian of creation, had seldom bothered about the affairs of others unless it affected his goal.

Whatever the motives for Balance now, Hover was grateful to him nonetheless. He had given Despair the chance to heal. And Hover could also see the kids clinging to Despair, and vice versa. Both need each other to be able to heal properly. And Hover would do anything to keep it at that.

On the other hand, he should have expected the five to be just trouble, after all, Despair's boys had never been better. But even they had never been so reckless. On the other hand, these children had no idea the power of even the smallest of statements when spoken with the right intention. And Killer's statement about Guardian Scion had just that - the right amount of intent for the Multiverse to respond. Hover really wondered what would become of the multiverse when these five take on the role of guardians.

It's six, not five, as Hover had initially thought. Apparently they had taken in an older Sans and, so to speak, adopted it. That seemed enough for the multiverse to include the skeleton in front of him as a Guardian Scion. Despair would surely amuse himself at the trouble the six had gotten themselves into subconsciously. But on the other hand, Hover could see the benefit in that. The fact that the six are now future guardians gives them a certain immunity from the villagers. Sure, it doesn't cover everything, but it's a bit of protection until Hover comes up with something better.

"What's going on here?", Hover asked one of the villagers with a serious expression and got the expected story. The Omega attacked them when they were nothing but friendly. And when they tried to defend themselves, this huge snake showed up and caused trouble. It was the same lyre as so often before. An Omega has been harassed and if it doesn't work, all the blame is put on the Omega. Hover hoped the new immunity from the six would keep villagers from harassing them.

"And how was it really?" He asked the Omega, which actually looked quite surprised that Hover even asked about his side of the events. The villagers' outrage just made it better.

“Not much different from what they said. I was about to return home with the new clothes for the kids behind you when this group of alphas and betas decided to harass me again. And when I didn't want to submit to them, they decided to attack. Frezh here was just defending me.” With every word the Omega uttered, the villagers' indignation grew and practically confirmed the statement. The villagers had probably thought that Hover alone believed them, or that the Omega outright agreed with them. They didn't like the fact that the truth was being told now. But it's not like Hover is still shocked. He realized centuries ago what hideous creatures the villagers are.

"Thank you for your honesty. I'm Hover.", With a small grin he reached out his hand to the other skeleton, which accepted his hand with eyes sparkling with mischief. Too bad Hover couldn't see what eye color the skeleton had. He was sure, however, that it matched the mischief in them.

“I'm Love. The pleasure is all mine, Hover.", Love said and Hover's grin grew a bit. He liked the skeleton more every second. He fit into this chaos group so well, although you can't tell at the beginning. Hover is looking forward to all the trouble Love will cause. It'll be good for sure.

But as soon as he turned to the villagers, Hovers' grin was gone. Time to claim the immunity. “These five children are now under the protection of the guards together with Love. Attacking them is attacking us, understand? I will say more about it later at a village meeting."

And with that, Hover turned and led a couple of confused skeletons back to the tree. He would need Despair for a more detailed explanation. There was also a need to plan what the villagers would be told.