A deal for eternity

"Killer, leave the bitties alone!"

"Don't be such a spoilsport, Crossy! I just want to look at them. Love didn't let us see them yesterday!”

"For good reason! So for fucks sake, wait for them to wake up of their own accord! You're just disturbing them now!"

"So you're not curious if any of them look like Boss?"

"..."

"See! You want to find out too! So don't be so Crossy. Just one look. Then we can go back to the others.”

"...But only if it's really quick."

Star cautiously opened his eyes as the children's voices trailed off. In order not to draw attention to himself, he lay down as he looked around for the children. The children themselves were found quickly. But they were so much younger than their speech pattern would suggest. He was expecting children who already got their mutations. Instead, he saw two children who certainly cannot be older than 10. Probably even younger. So young, yet, Star could already feel negativity clinging to them. Not quite their own, but more like it's with his brother and the other Nightmares. More than a part of them. Though the smaller of the two also had a positive aura about him, albeit a faint one. Star can feel it growing and consolidating bit by bit.

"They all look so much like Boss..." The pain in the bigger kid's voice - Crossy? – surprised Star, along with the longing he felt from both of them. A look told him they were looking at his brothers longingly. As if they are something they can never achieve. No, not achieve. That doesn't quite fit. Rather…. can have back. Like his brothers are something the two kids can never have. But why? Don't their parents allow them to have bitties? Anything else wouldn't make sense at their age, right?

"Do you think that they can help Error?" As the smaller child spoke - Killer? Is that even a good name for a child? –  that's when Star started listening. Bitties can help with many things! Surely they would be able to help this Error too! Then they could not be removed so easily and would finally have a home where they can stay! Maybe they could finally get the affection they all so desperately need!

“I don't see why it couldn't be possible. He's familiar with Nightmare. A Bitty shouldn't make much of a difference. Can the Bitty stay by his side more unobtrusively and probably help him with his situation quicker than we can.” Star didn't like how sad Crossy sounded at that. It quickly got clear for him that the two cared very much for their friend. He wanted to help! That he wanted to stay low to figure out their motives didn't matter as Star quickly stood up.

"I'll help!" he called without thinking and looked up at the two children. "We all can! Bitties are good at helping, especially when it's with kids!” Perhaps he was desperate as he begged the two of them. But what can he do? They need a home, a place where they are safe. These kids seem like a good chance.

"Little Dreamy here wants to help, huh?" Killer leaned down to him, seeming to study Star closely. It was a bit uncomfortable, but nothing he couldn't get over! For his family. "So from the pure heart?"

"I do." Determined, he looked into the smaller child's empty eye sockets. Did he have the feeling that had to prove himself. “Bitties are designed to help. Be it in the household or with mental or physical problems. And while we may be considered defective, we are still able to help others.”

The smaller child started cackling as Star finished his speech. It confused Star now. Why was Killer laughing? Did he say something funny? Or was he making fun of him? "I didn't say anything that could be construed as funny," he growled softly, staring up at the child. If he's made fun of, he'll show him that even a Bitty shouldn't be underestimated!

"Calm down Firefly. Precisely because you are defective, you are perfect for us. We weren't necessarily declared as the perfect showcase monsters either.”, grinning, Killer picked Star up without thinking and held him at eye level. "So what do you say Firefly? Are you willing to help us outcasts? We're not easy to handle and we're definitely getting on others' nerves, but once you're one of us, we won't let anyone ever harm you again."

Star doesn't know exactly what got hold of him. But when he looked Killer in the eyes he could see that he was telling the truth. That was more than a promise to survive. That was a promise for a family, someone who will make sure they are okay. An offer he really can't refuse.

"Take me to your friend and I'll see what we can do. But I promise we will do our best to help each of you.” This deal is risk based. A risk Star is willing to take. For the bitties he cares about. They finally deserve a good, loving home.