An Intimate Feeling (Part IV)

What could be the surprise?

With Megumi entertaining himself by nibbling on my finger whilst my eyes searched for road signs to figure out where he was heading. And after I saw the sea and sand, I figured out.

"Sir, you're not planning to go to the beach, at this time?" I exclaimed.

"What's wrong with now?"

"It's night?"

"It's the best time, no crowd, so we have the beach to ourselves."

He turned his car towards the beach, and drove on the sand, parking it in front of the sea. Toji removed his shoes and socks, neatly folded up his trousers, then he went outside to open the back door that was nearest to me. Kneeling on the sand, he carefully took my leg and removed my heels.

"M-Mr Fushiguro! I can do that myself!" I blushed.

"I don't mind," he went on to remove the other one, "Could you unstrap the kid and take his shoes off."

I nodded and followed through as requested. Once we were all barefoot, Toji helped me out as I carried Megumi in my arms, then he returned back to the driver's side to switch the headlights on.

"Woah..." I murmured.

Toji was right, being at the beach at night was simply perfect. The sea that seemed calm with the occasional waves, reflected a shimmering image of the moon; this appeared to have caught Megumi's attention as he began to stretch his arms to it.

"Sea, (Y/N/N)," he whimpered.

"Alright, let's go!"

I put Megumi down and held his hand as we ran to the sea and stood at the shallow end.

"(Y/N/N), cold!" He happily yelled.

"It is, isn't?"

Nonetheless, Megumi waddled around the shallow end, his tiny feet kicking and splashing water and chasing after every small wave that began to crash into the land. I made sure he did not fall and quickly grabbed him if he wandered too far to the deeper side or if the wave coming in was big enough to make his clothes wet. During our fun, I caught Toji leaning against the car bonnet and smiling at us.

"Sir! Join us!" I yelled for him, waving my arm in the air.

Toji grinned and walked towards us, and Megumi upon seeing his father, immediately ran to him with raised arms.

"Here we go, kiddo," he picked his child up and made it seem like Megumi was walking on the water.

"Yeey!" Megumi clapped his hand vigorously, "Again, again!"

Throughout, we all continued to play in the sea, laughing and splashing, and in our shared moment together, Toji and I could not stop looking and giving the other lots of smiles. I began to wonder if Toji planned this just to cheer me up, and that thought was enough to make my heart jump excitedly.

We decided to leave once Megumi grew tired and began yawning, and by the time we got home, he was already heavily asleep in my arms. After I put him to bed, I joined Toji in the living room where we drank some wine and had some music playing in the background.

"It's a shame, after all that effort you went on to impress him and he just broke up with you," Toji suddenly commented.

"It's alright, anyway, it was worth it since we got to go to the beach... hey, did you plan that just for me?" I asked softly.

"Y-Yeah," he scratched his nose shyly, "I figured you needed some cheering, even if you say you're alright."

"You're kind, sir," I smiled, "Always so nice and caring for me, no one's gone to that extent, so thank you."