Death of the Universe

Zeus stood a lone figure watching your rose. The light streaming out of it was unmissable, he hadn't seen this happen in decades.  Red crackles reached out towards him threatening to embrace him in a deadly hug. The curse still remained and still warned people away.

He turned to look at his temple, up on a hill overshadowing everything and saw the shadowy vines  reaching out in the white marble as it started to crack under the pressure of the universe.

He remembered your words from back then

"It will be seven that will be your undoing and eight will rise for the Revolution."

He had been blind and arrogant and he saw that now. Of course the seven sons of Dionysus...The grandsons that he let grow to maturity and full strength! He had spent many years watching their wretched father Dionysus when he should have killed all of his grandsons. 

                               ★彡★彡★彡

Namjoon continued to leaf through the forbidden gospel, trying to translate the worn words, some pages had illustrations but not of anything helpful.

"The goddess sings a lullaby"

That's all he had translated. A lullaby?  Next to the line was an illustration of the rose blooming...

"You kept it."

Namjoon instinctively let a flurry of energy attack the owner of the voice, scared that his treachery had been found out. Turning to launch another attack Namjoon saw his father, Dionysus, standing there hands folded a glimmer in his eyes. It was then the words settled like snow on a quiet morning

You kept it.

All those years he carried the burden, thinking not a soul knew about his crime and yet Dionysus stood in front of him grinning, for once appearing like a proud father in front of him.

"Jin was always important in the awakening of our goddess, he doesn't know why he was chosen, but I hope one day he realises." He paused leaning against the wall lighting a very human cigarette. The white paper encircled the Tobacco in a very pale and grey hug as he lit it ablaze and lifted it to waiting lips. The action of doing something so mundane whilst discussing so divine and far bigger than themselves made Namjoon tastes the irony, like the bitter bloom of blood on his lips.

"As for you...well you've always been far more perceptive, far more open-minded, who better to find the forgotten bible but you."

Dionysus took a massive drag in before exhaling. Namjoon hated the smell but it didn't cross his mind to ask him to stop.

"You all have an important part to play, all seven of you. You were chosen by her, you ignored her the first time you won't the second."

★彡★彡★彡
Your eyes followed the patterns of the ceiling as it withered and bloomed in front of your eyes. You were still in shock after the encounter, your mind had shut itself down. The feeling of hate and vengeance overtook you, if it wasn't for Hoseok plucking you out of the situation then what would have happened? Your muscle has tightened and movement wasn't possible. If someone was coming to kill you now would you be able to defend yourself? Maybe not.

There was a soft knock at the door. You contemplated ignoring it, but the knock persisted weaving its way in the silence of the room throwing everything off balance. It scattered your thoughts that you spent the better half of an hour gathering. Suddenly irritated you got up swinging the door open wildly.

Ariadne.

Her green eyes always danced, as your presence brought her strange joy. You had seen those eyes before, she wasn't part of your returning memories but you knew she slotted in somewhere.