When the universe died

"It will be seven that will be your undoing, and it will be eight who will rise for the revolution."

- Queen Goddess Astra

There was nothing now except the darkness. As it was in the beginning, it was at the end. Nyx wandered the abyss by herself; she noted the silence. The death of your song was an ill prophecy, an omen of decay. If the universe didn't sing anymore, what was there to live for? She mourned the light, and she wept for love.

What was next now? Was this the beginning, or was this the end? Time didn't exist there anymore in Nyx's darkness. Everything had been destroyed, disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Everyone she loved had died.

And so the universe was dead...

For the first and last time.

★彡★彡★彡

Let there be light, and there was light.
       -Genesis 1:3

Four gods holding the keys of destruction had gathered; they saw the blood and the decay and knew just one thing. It had to end. Namjoon had stumbled out amongst the dead, searching for three of his brothers. Blood fell from his lips, and he was clutching his side, holding onto whatever life he had left.

Hoseok lay in the pool of his blood, looking at the sky, resigned to his fate; clouds passed him low and heavy, and his vision slowly started to cloud into a red haze. He coughed weakly; a sword was wedged into his chest. It was so painful....it couldn't end like this, he thought to himself; holding a key, he held it up to the sky, almost taunting what was left to finish him off, one last time.

Yoongi stared down at the destruction; he was the only god that could never die; he was fate, after all. This caused him to go insane with grief, he had known his destiny as a fate was a curse. Was he to be sentenced to wander the husk of the universe alone like his mother? He let out a guttural scream, collapsing to his knees. The echo searched pitifully for something, for someone, any sign of life. He wished he could die. He clawed at his chest, tearing at his skin, praying that he could pull out his heart and impale it where he stood. If he had known, things wouldn't have ended like this. He looked to the sky, uttering one last prayer in his hand was a singular key.

Taehyung sat in a tree watching, waiting. The primordial waters were changing tides. He could taste it. The wind carried last words and regret. It was quiet for once. The universe was utterly silent for the first time in a very long time. Smiling ruefully to himself he remembered when he had goaded the universe to try its worse, not wanting to interfere because he wanted to be there for the very end. Taehyung wondered if the outcome would have been the same if he had interfered more. He raised a key to his face, staring at it thoughtfully. He looked down at the base of the tree.

"I think it's time." He told his brothers. "It's time we ended the universe.

Taehyung, Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon had reunited to do something they hoped never to do.
★彡★彡★彡

God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
-Genesis 1:4-5