Face your Fates

One life can cause a ripple effect, propelling a story forward, some call it the butterfly effect and some call it fate. Your life has touched many others with or without your knowledge. Every decision you will make will affect someone, somewhere at all times. All you can do is pray that you don't unwittingly ruin someone's life.

What was it that you were going to do about Jin? The day before he had left you in the library without another word and all of a sudden the world felt so cold. What pained you more was that even with that emptiness in your heart, you still continued to yearn for Nour and you didn't want to stop. 

"So she gave you your gifts?"  Jimin reiterated.

His eyes had looked so empty when he had spoken to you. It was like like he was slowly dissolving in front of you and you couldn't reach him at all.

"I will always love you."

That's what he had told you before the silence and then he disappeared. Out of the library and out of your life.

"Yes, she did," Dionysus replied almost proudly.

All eyes were on you but you were still distracted. In the night you had felt painfully lonely as Jin left a hole in your soul. The world felt bland and 2D and you felt the will to fight slowly dwindle. If it wasn't for your heart reaching out to Nour you knew that you too would fade into nothing. The darkness didn't bring comfort and you felt that you were even frustrating Nyx and Ariadne. You had hoped as a goddess you would be far captivating and awe-inspiring, but instead, you felt like such a moody and whiny bitch that only knew how to disappoint those who relied on her.

After a while you had fallen into a disturbed sleep, you trashed and from your lips, you moaned in agony as if fighting a battle. Jin had watched over you that night, even after the fight in the library. Seeing you looking so torn and defeated pained him. He loved you. That's all that ever mattered and he would do anything he could to keep you safe. The painful feeling in his chest made it difficult to keep on moving forward and if he was honest he had lost all regard for his life but as long as you still existed he would always...

Bending over your body he kissed your lips hurt that perhaps his kiss would mean nothing to you now.

"Astra?" Jimin pushed noticing your vacant eyes.

Finally, you pushed your thoughts away. Bringing your attention back to the room full of people. You smiled pleasantly, even though your eyes reflected a flavour of sadness only you could manage.

"Yes, Jimin?" You asked "Sorry I was slightly distracted."

Before them was a woman, a god, with tremendous abilities. Abilities they couldn't even begin to conceive. You had granted their father with his gifts and in turn, guaranteed the powers of the seven brothers. You were the one behind this all. A powerful being that even when dethroned could have enough power to appoint a deity with little effort.

"Why Dionysus? Did you plan this?" Hoseok asked watching carefully for your reaction.

"Did I plan this?" You repeated the question slowly, letting your tongue weigh the words for judgement.

"Maybe....maybe not. I just saw a young god who needed a home, we were similar in some way and so I empathised with him." You answered at last. "It's never about pity or trying to control the lives around me in the way you think it was. I felt compelled to help him, he deserved a second chance you all did."

The words lingered in the air.

"When you had been born Dionysus prayed to me for your protection, even long after I had disappeared from your father's life. How could I say no? So I made you my servants, if you become entangled in my destiny I would have no choice to always watch over you and the fates won't be able to keep us separate and allow you all a tragic end." You explained. "In becoming mine you like Nyx became vital in the universe's balance and there Zeus could never harm you without the fates first intervening."