A game of winners and Losers

Dionysus had not expected to return to where his sons lived and see peace. Truth be told he expected anarchy, especially with the news he was about to deliver.

Saying that when he stepped foot in the house the energy was something could only describe as utter pandemonium. It felt like he entered a hurricane at its very peak. The cherry on top however was seeing his ex-lover Aphrodite stare straight back at him. Her arms were crossed and her glossed lips were in a mischievous smile. She appeared today with pale skin, that had a slight olive hue, that caused her skin to reflect light like glass. Her hair was a perfect glossy curtain coloured the deepest charcoal. Her fame was slender and slim, as she seemed to resemble a swan. On her nose and cheeks were the smallest pinprick of salmon pink tang blossomed shyly as concerned about filling the face with the scandalous colour. Her eyes were a playful and glistening black. They resembled the half moons making them seem like eyes that always smiled.

"Ahh Dionysus...it seems we have a lot catching up to do." She sang.

"Mm."  Was his reply as he looked passed her to his two sons who were sheepishly hiding behind her. Jimin looked on the brink of vomiting and Namjoon looked like he was becoming the personification of anxiety.

"I assume by the look in your eyes that you know everything,"  Dionysus said after his pause.

"Naturally."

Dionysus gestured for her to follow

"Then there is someone you need to see."

Without another word, Dionysus led the way. It would be up to you to decide if you wished to trust Aphrodite. The goddess had a coldness towards the rest of her family, she answered only to herself. It was what initially attracted Dionysus but in hindsight maybe he should have courted someone else. Aphrodite was a loose cannon. Yes, she bore him two beautiful sons who he loved dearly but he couldn't quite say the same for her.

The winter air settled like a blanket of snow over the house, creating an eerie and empty silence, however within Aphrodite there was a crackling of excitement that flickered inside her like flashes of lightning, igniting her insides.  She was meeting the person that would be Zeus's downfall. She had only heard about you via distant whispers and weary glances that spoke louder than a choir of voices.

Red eyes pierced through the darkness and struck the heart like an arrow breaking the skin and striking the target. It was as if the world had stopped and it was only you and her in a tiny pocket of time away from the universe she had thought she occupied. Why couldn't she form the words to speak? Why couldn't she move or think? Or breathe? She could only stand where she was frozen in your reverence.

She had once thought she was the most beautiful being in the universe but when she looked at you, she knew that was far from the truth. This was who Zeus stole the universe from...how dare he?

But then...?

How could you just hand it to him? When there was such a fire in your eyes? It didn't make sense to her. A smile broke through like the sun forcing its way past the heavy grey clouds after anointing the world below with golden streams of light.

Love.

She could see it when you smiled. You were loved and you had learned to love another. When you loved something or someone you had to learn the best thing was to let go and pray that the universe would bring you back together. You weren't the loser in all this. In giving it all up all those years ago you had won.

"H-Highness" Aphrodite stumbled over her words just finally grasping who it was she in the presence of.

"You don't have to call me that." You laughed nervously, unsure of what to make me of Jin's mother standing in front of you. You glanced over at Jin quietly asking for help but he was absolutely useless as he stood there with a funny expression on his face. You even glanced at Dionysus who had a very similar expression on his own face. Typical, like father-like son.