Hera's final breath

Zeus had rallied his children to his side. He had let his temple collapse and had not addressed his kingdom for two days and he knew he had to break the silence before his children and subjects got swept away with the rumors.

He could feel you  hovering at the edge of this, all he could feel your power starting to ooze back in to what was your home many moons ago. Dionysus was at his side a stoic and silent and mostly importantly obedient son.

"We seem to be at a brink of a new era." Zeus spoke, his voice booming over the quiet that had descended over Olympia, laughter and music no longer danced among rolling hills and Crystal clear streams didn't seem to sparkle as they once did. Even Apollo had stopped playing his songs and had become almost mute himself, his golden light had dimmed. There was a grey tinge that followed the king of gods around.

"My temple collapsing is not a sign of weakness but a sign of something stronger and far better rising from the ashes..." he continued.

Hera stood on his right hand side. She bit her lips nervously her eyes scanning the crowd waiting for a pair of eyes to glint with suspicion. It was a matter of time till someone caught on to her husbands lie. Her eyes especially lingered on Athena the wisest of all her children.

Nothing.

Not one soul seemed to suspect a thing. Her eyes continued to comb the crowd until her eyes finally landed on Dionysus. He stood straight next to his father his eyes trained to some far away point. Even bedside her strong husband, Dionysus towered over him almost casting a shadow over the king of the gods. Standing side by side anyone could see that Zeus was not the god he was hundreds of years ago, one could argue Zeus was never the god he thought  he was and Hera could finally see him for what he was. Dionysus stood beside him tall and dignified, he wasn't the one talking but he demanded respect. If the crowd that day had been honest with themselves, the reason they hadn't fallen into panic was because Dionysus had stood next to the king a picture of calm. His eyes had indicated that there was no immediate threat or anything to worry about.

Aphrodite watched Hera with quiet sneer, because the frantic wife seemed to have no idea the extent of which Zeus had fucked up. It was up to Hera now, would she blinded by by loyalty or would she finally wake and see Zeus for what he was? Hera was nervous. The way her eyes darted back and forth, they were hands were clasped so she could dig her nails into her palm.

Zeus's booming voice continued to tear through the mournful silence, in a deep baritone voice and that almost begged for respect. His voice sounded like the deep rumblings of thunder. A sound not known for its reassurance but rather it's ability to cause a swirl of persistent uneasiness in the depths of people's guts. Aphrodite had seen Hera's eyes linger on Athena the "wisest". She wanted to laugh out loud and openly mock the foolish couple however she knew she couldn't.

"...We must prepare for a war my children, as we are weakened evil forces have set eyes on our utopia, we can not allow this..."
★彡★彡★彡

The wind crashed around you like the mighty waves of the sea forcing you to open your eyes. You weren't sure how you had ended up in this position, kneeling eyes closed.  You were deep in a mantra, speaking your will into the universe. Lost within yourself, almost like you had been taken prisoner.

It was the winds that had forced you out and now you were here in an empty field, nothing but stars to keep you company. There was a pang of salt and metal in the air that seemed just out your detection. You sniffed again, inhaling deeply allowing the cold wind to settle in your lungs. It felt like you captured a storm in your body. But at least now you knew what the smell was...fresh blood.