Chapter 9

~Miyoung~

I was rubbing my temples after taking off my glasses, sighing to myself.

"My shoulders," I groaned, pushing away from the table and getting to my feet. I stretched as I groaned and complained about my sore muscles.

The sound of running can be heard before the door to my room was thrown open. I jumped a little at how loud it was.

"Miyoung!" Seyeon grinned.

I should have expected as much.

Minseo pushed Seyeon to the side before waving at me, her eyes bright. "Unnie! I'm back!"

Ah, right, I thought with a smile, Minseo was out of the country for filming and recently got back.

"You guys make so much noise," Jiyeon said, covering her ears slightly as she pushed past them.

I watched as the three girls stepped into my room. Looking over them, I could see Yumi standing by the door, face blank. I wonder if she was the one who called them to come here considering she saw the way things were between Jimin and I. Either way, all four of them were in here.

"Can I hug you?" Seyeon asked as she hesitated to reach for me.

"I won't break," I said with a laugh.

That's all it took for her because she reached out, wrapping her arms around me. To be honest, I was surprised when I met Seyeon. She came off really strong but that was one of her charms. I was able to relax more because of her presence, though she can be really scary when she wants to be. I still can't believe she's older than me. Since Yumi is the eldest out of us, she's quite closed off at times and is really quiet. She's always been that way. The quiet and reserved one. As for Jiyeon, even though she's a year younger than me, it doesn't seem that way at all. At times, it feels like she's older than I am. I think her life made her that way and it makes me sad when I heard parts of her life from Jimin.

To be honest, when I learnt of Jiyeon's miscarriage... I was afraid. I heard from Jimin how much pain both Jiyeon and Hoseok went through and that is why I feel somewhat uncomfortable around her. I don't want her to look at me and remember that painful moment.

"How far are you?" Jiyeon asked as she took a seat beside me.

"I'm almost five months in," I replied, looking down at my hands. "And I'm—sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" she asked in a soft voice.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat, "Just—for not telling you guys. I mean, we may not be that close but... we were still close."

Jiyeon rest her hand over my clasped ones and I glanced up at her. Her eyes were full of understanding and concern that it makes me want to cry.

"You should have told us," she said, quietly. "I thought we were—friends."

"We are," I said with a wobbly smile.

"Okay, don't make the girl cry," Minseo said, patting Jiyeon's head as she sat down beside Jiyeon. "I hear that when you get pregnant, your emotions are all over the place."

"Sounds like me on a daily basis," Seyeon piped in, grabbing Yumi's hand and dragging her towards the other side of me before sitting down. We were all facing each other, sitting in a circle on the bed.

"I'm sorry," I repeated.

"Stop saying sorry," Seyeon scolded.

I just sigh, turning my attention to Yumi who was already watching me. She hasn't said a single word to me. I wonder if she feels betrayed, considering the fact that she and I lived under the same roof for a while.