Chapter 3

~Miyoung~

Jimin stared at me.

"Let's get engaged," I said, knowing that I looked like a mess right now. Meeting Jimin had that kind of effect on me. I was either happy and laughing... or I was a crying mess. Lately, it's been the latter.

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"We're not getting married," I said, "Ever."

His eyes narrowed, "What?"

"We'll get engaged and have the baby," I told him, "Then after, say, a year or something, we break off the engagement." I shrugged, "A year, two year, I don't care. Take your pick but we're not getting married."

Jimin thought about this for a while before looking up at me and glared.

I arched an eyebrow, "So?"

"You're sure about that?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Your call," Jimin said, getting up from the sofa. "You ready to go?"

I gestured to the suitcase I'd wheeled out with me.

"You want to eat first?"

"I'll eat later."

Jimin didn't look like he liked that idea but he didn't say anything about it too. Instead, he announced, "I called your father this morning. We're going to meet your parents and tell them about your pregnancy first."

"Wait—you called them?"

"Did you expect to give birth without them knowing?"

"Obviously not," I snapped. "I'm not ready yet."

"Well you have two hours to get ready," Jimin said, smiling although it was hard around the edges. "We're meeting them."

I glared. Right. Nothing good happened ever since meeting Jimin. I should have expected this.

***

To my surprise, my parents weren't as disappointed as I'd thought. I mean, considering I rocked up with a baby bump.

"You're so lucky," my mother said, tears filled her eyes as she held onto my hands, turning her head to Jimin, "Miyoung will love you until the very end. She will protect you and take care of you. Just like she's been doing to her parents who couldn't do much for her."

I let my tears fall at those kind words that I've not heard of until now. My parents were never the type to show affection so seeing this was a first for me. Maybe that's because I'm their only child.

"Mum," I whispered.

Jimin smiled, his face gentled, "Thank you for trusting her with me." He turned his head towards my father, "I really mean it. Thank you."

"Just take care of her," my father said, voice filld with emotions. It looks like he was trying not to cry too.

"I promise to take care of Miyoung," Jimin vowed. "You have my word."

I smiled bitterly at that, not looking at Jimin. If only those words hold the emotions I wanted them too. Responsibility. That's what this is.

"We just need to meet my parents now," Jimin said, glancing down at his phone to check the time. We were on our way towards the dorms after meeting with my parents. "I need to head to the studios soon. Let's head back."

I nodded, keeping my eyes on the window. We didn't speak to each other until Jimin parked the car.

"We need to get you a ring first," Jimin said when I turned around to face him.

"Here?" I panicked after seeing how many people were walking around. We can't be seen in public. Not like this.

"I'll figure it out," Jimin muttered, reaching for his phone and wallet. "We need to get you something to eat too. What do you want?"

I scoffed, "You want to walk out like this in public with no security guards?"

Jimin shrugged.

"No," I said, unbuckling myself, "I'll get myself. You stay here and wait."

"I'm coming with you."

"No, you're not," I muttered. "I don't want to be seen with you. Not until you announce it."

Jimin scowled. "Miyoung—"

I didn't wait for him because I got out of the car and made my way towards the shops. I could feel his glare burning on my back but I didn't look back at him.