Clash

Arthur Leywin's POV:

We traveled towards the south for quite a while now, with the flying castle as our destination. We burst through the sky at an amazing velocity while Caera was having a hard time keeping up with the pace.

"Are you okay Caera? Would you prefer it if I hold back a bit on the speed" Sylvie's voice pierced back even in this loud disturbance.

"No, I can hold out. Thanks for the concern. " Caera struggled to speak loud enough.

"Fine, Hold on tight. " Sylvie said.

"You know what, I can always use my armor form to provide support for you. " Regis said as his lewd thoughts flowed into me. 

"Regis" Sylvie's sharp voice stuck hard at Regis as he stopped wagging his tail.

"Ma-am," he said

"Caera is fine on her own. Worry about yourself. " she continued. 

Regis put up a puzzled face as Sylvie killed her momentum in an instant pushing Regis away from the edge before Sylvie caught him. He growled as Sylvie let out a cheery laugh.

Caera chuckled as she scratched her cheek. I was glad that I got an ally against Regis now. We are almost a few miles away from the outskirts of Valden city. Our heartwarming moment was interrupted when we sensed intense power surges from different locations. There seemed to be a lot of them. Sylvie raced forward even faster than before. Just as I thought, she has been holding back.

Someone is approaching in our direction with a speed rivaling Sylvie's. Judging by the aura leakage, it must be a projectile or a launched weapon. Yet, its power is something not to be taken lightly of. It is at a long distance which made me doubt whether it is locked onto us. Just then Sylvie voiced her concern.

"Arthur, there might be enemies in Valden city and we need to hurry because I can sense Boo there," she said.

I had no words for this. My mind went blank, I cannot reach them before the projectile does. Ellie is in danger. I need to do something or else I might lose her. I sought out every skill and trick I had and arrived at a single decision. 

Predicting my next move Sylvie nodded her head in agreement, while Regis engulfed me with his Jet black aura. Caera lost at our telepathy, tilted her head.

I jumped off into the air and used god step with a maximum range in succession. This extremely exhausted my aether reserves, yet that is a trivial matter. I took out the spatium artifact, which can erect barriers with a pre-determined area. I had used it a single time in the second relic tomb after which I was completely knocked. From what Regis informed it covered a large area and emptied all me aether back then.

 Although my aether pool has increased by many folds since then, it is risky nevertheless. This is the only thing I can bet on. I directed the aether in me into the artifact which glowed and soon an arc of black aura formed behind me, spreading towards the horizon in the shape of a  semisphere. The barrier was not fast enough.

A spear is bound towards a round building ahead of it. The barrier was far away from intercepting it. How useless is this barrier not even able to isolate the place quick enough. I cursed at my helplessness. The spear struck the building. Fear crept up to me with the possibility of Ellie and supporting forces using that building as their base. 

Multiple silhouettes sped through the barrier before it even materialized completely. They were headed to the same building. They had black horns. I glanced back at Sylvie who was unable to make it into the barrier.