Emergence

Arthur Leywin's POV:

The atmosphere resembled the calm before a storm only to a naked eye. The mana particles that I can't see anymore, reverberated as they convulsed heavily. I can tell because of its increased density and pressure in the surroundings. It won't stop existing or stop affecting me just because I lost my ability to use it. It became more apparent.

An average mage would not be able to sustain this high density and may destroy his core. But those with ample control over mana may be able to even use this to their advantage. One can't imagine the scale of destruction this war would cause if even one of the asura went overboard.

Just what are Kezess and Agrona thinking, sending their strongest men onto the battlefield. I cursed as my blood pulsed erratically. It would've been a lot better if they went for each other's throats directly. That is one situation I am confident enough to face on my own.

The ethereal blaze off my armor burned ghastly giving off a vibrant presence. I lay in wait as the forces approached the destroyed center of the city. I could see familiar faces on either side, although I hate to admit it about the Vritra. Everyone looked alert and are ready to come for my neck in one command. 

"Who are you? Identify yourself" Windsom leading the Epheotus troops on my right asked.

I let silence fill the air before giving my response, inspecting the huge waves of bloodlust. The pure-blooded Vritras leading the Alacrya's forces. The scythes and their retainers reinforced their weapons.

"I would prefer if you all leave this place quietly, what are you guys up to?" I said while revealing my face from the Armor form.  

Those who knew me before were bewildered and some even gasped in shock. Scythe Cadell showed a discomforting smile as he got a clear look. Windsom maintained his composure as he looked keenly at the turn of events. 

"Is that you Arthur Leywin?" Aldir addressed while probably verifying me with his third eye.

"Yes, but I want to know what is the reason for the top-notch warriors of both sides to come face to face?" I asked with a warning tone. 

Unable to digest the obvious response I rolled my eyes even before they said anything. They are ready to engage any second now. It is just a matter of time before they avert their focus from my miraculous survival. I searched for traces of any life other than us war-craving freaks. If the battle ensues here I can't even imagine which place is anymore. It might even result in barren and dead lands throughout Dicathen.

"We have to eliminate the threat they pose to the world" A Vritra spoke in high pitch.

"Hah, irony coming from those who torture the lessers to rule a fake kingdom," Aldir spoke.

 If they continue it would be a scuffle of continuously accusing each other. They might be at the end of their resistance. The forces from Epheotus are reserved, it may be because of my presence. They didn't see me as an enemy as they helped us in the previous war. But it was different with the Vritras who looked at us similarly.

"You should've valued your life back when lord Agrona has given you the chance, at least you should have rested in peace when the whole world presumed you to be dead." The Vritra from before spoke.

"Yet, here you are crawling back to the same battlefield where you almost died in the hands of mere Scythes. Perhaps you do not value your life, standing before the Asuras about to go wild." he continued.

"Runaway to the edges of this world if you wish to------" I cut his words with mine.

"Damn, you speak way too much. All I want you guys to do is to scram away to your land. If you refuse, please expect broken bones, torn muscles, and maybe lost lives as a goodbye gift." I interrupted him while rubbing my ears mockingly.