Responsibility

Arthur Leywin's POV:

The remains of the once-proud city wretched my heart, yet I am glad that I was able to limit this to just a city. The soldiers rushed to their commander, who then got their injuries treated by Sylvie and Caera.

The mood looks pleasant, which completely contradicts the tension from the contact with the unknown Devas. Although, Virion looked for an explanation. I assured him that for later. We had more important matters to tend to for now.

Such as helping the now homeless citizens. Uniting the forces and regions of the continent and prepare for the future. Whatever it has in store for us.

Preparations for our departure were completed before my dimension pocket reacted strangely. I carefully tend to it as to not let the mana stored inside burst out and cause any trouble. Everyone stared dumbfounded as they sensed the mana leak out of thin space before my arm.

"Brat, was the mana draining your doing?" Virion blurted out losing his calm composure.

"ah, yeah. I had to use it to drain the mana from the Asuras a while ago. Is anything the problem?" I asked while scratching my cheek.

No response came as they looked at each other in awe.

'I wonder what kind of face they would make if I show myself to them' Regis said.

Please don't, you will just end up startling them and eventually annoying the people around. I am worried about the part where I have to explain about you when we reach home. Damn, this is going to be tough.

'aye, aye princess. Wake me up when we reach, I will rest and recover my reserves, all thanks to milady deciding to get the Asuras into absolute dominance.' he hissed before blurting into laughter.

Sigh, well I am sure that you are excited to meet my family and people. We can finally be at peace.

'and then they lived happily ever after, blah blah. Don't make it sound like this is the end of the story. We still got hella long way before we can rest in peace.' he said before he fell fast asleep.

Yeah, we sure do.

"Anyways, you are coming with us to the refugee camp right?" he asked after he sighed in relief.

Before I could answer him, a familiar artifact or more like a tool, came out of the storage. It shined brightly which meant the active transmission line. The person on the other end was obvious. Since she was the one who provided it. I didn't expect it to sustain that mana aggregation.

"Arthur, good work on stopping the war. It looks like they finally decided to take action," she spoke.

"Wait, do you know who they are?" I questioned with surprise.

"Yes, let's leave that for later. But now I have an important request to make" she said sternly.

"Well, what would it be?" I asked while sighing.

"I would like to take the responsibility of returning Tessia Eralith to her normal state," she stated firmly.

I fell into my thought at her sudden request. Virion's interest rose in our conversation at the mention of Tessia's name. He then realized that this is the master of Caera who helped in rescuing Tess.

"This is not a request to you alone, Arthur. I also want to ask this of your commander Virion. She is his grandchild right?" she said.

"Commander Virion is right beside me. Continue if you wish to request him directly." I said after exchanging a nod with Virion.