Contact

Arthur Leywin's POV:

The self-proclaimed Deva contracted his eyes as he appraised me. Several silhouettes revealed themselves and stood in an ordered manner along the stairs to the majestic throne. They are felt similar to the Asura yet something was off about them. It was as if there stood some dozens of beings at the same level as Kezess and Agrona. Perhaps even stronger.

The court hall brightened in response to a gesture by the Deva who approached me first. A big and wide display showed the view of frozen time on the battlefield.  

My throat dried as I wanted to speak without any interruption. Who is this group of people? They call themselves the Devas and are enemies of Asura? what does it mean? Are they one of a clan of the Asura? Then they must be similar to the Vritra. Why are there no records of their existence, especially when they are capable of controlling Aether at this scale.

"If you think that we are just a clan of the disgusting Asura, then you have a bad assumption. We are superior beings and are the true deities, unlike those fools," he spoke as I pondered over my assumptions.

"I don't understand. Does it mean that the history recorded is false?" I asked despite my cracked voice.

He snapped his fingers before a golden container made its way before me. It had a pink beverage with a ladle in it. I hesitated to take a scoop before the Deva in focus gestured me to devour it.

"Do not be suspicious, we do not use petty tricks to defeat anyone. We are proud of our strength and we do not have any reason to get rid of you, for now, that is." his sharp voice echoed as I let the pink fluid pass through my parched throat.

It was thick with a mixed and strong flavor of both milk and saffron. It tasted sweet as its effect reached my mind. I quenched my thirst as it also supplemented me with a soothing after-taste. My fatigue from the battle faded and I could feel renewed strength welling up in my body.

This was Indeed a good supplement. It felt hard to keep my focus on the conversation. I think he said something about being proud of their strength and no reason to get rid of me, for now. No matter how comfortable his words may feel, I can't help but feel alerted.

'Alerted eh? yeah, right when you are drooling at the drink before you.' Regis shot at me.

I fixed my posture and faced the Deva in front of me. The golden container sped away into a dark corridor. I wonder where this palace is located. Dicathen or Alacrya?. Though I have explored most parts of both continents, I can't be sure of the information that I am aware of. 

"The history you are familiar with is not false, but it is just that it was manipulated for convenience. By the Leaders of Asura." he continued as the rest glared at me with disgust.

Hmm, those are some intense stares. They were all similar to the Deva one who welcomed me. They had that divine nature about them that was injected into others naturally.

'Whatever the reason may be, they sure do love you princess.'  Regis blurted inside me.

Shut up, how come you are not affected by this intense mood.? Sigh. Looks like there is more to this world than I thought there was.

'You didn't forget that these are the unknown people from the abandoned future you saw earlier today.' Regis said with doubt.

Now that you mention it, yeah they had a similar rune on their forehead. That means somehow they became our enemy. I must deal with them carefully. I don't even know what their goal is! 

"You don't need to think so hard about the lost history. Now that you have made contact with us, you will eventually unfold the truth of this world. The reason for the inaccurate history and the reason for why we reincarnated you into this world." he said with a grin.