The End of the Beginning

Arthur Leywin's POV:

I supported my hands on the railing of the balcony, as I stared into the endless night sky. Regis carried a bright ethereal glow as he approached me along the corridor. He then released a piercing aura at me, to grab my attention. 

Regis, not now. Leave me alone for a while. He did not back down as the intensity of his aura increasing exponentially. 

"Don't bother me" I shouted as Aether permeated out from me, breaking the glass panes.

"I know that there is nothing productive in letting you brood this way. Your thoughts annoy me more than it does to you," he said after he shut his aura off completely.

I sighed, casting my sight to the marble floor. A drizzle started which eventually turned into a steady downpour in the interval of our silence and my regret. The roof above, saved us from the cold rain as it had no plans to subdue. 

"Just when I thought that you can finally meet your family and cheer up after the hell we came back from, but you keep seducing despair back to you," he told as he moved close to me.

"What am I supposed to do? I don't even know if I can take this anymore." I muttered as I covered my eyes with my palm.

"And guess what, we have been scratching at the surface of this world all this time masking it under the name of an inter-continental war. It frightens me to even dream of the future." I continued.

"Wow, so you do know fear. You who stood against two of the scythes alone, stormed Agrona's castle and stopped a war between the Asura, and not to forget your crazy death cravings in relic tombs, especially your personal open Lava bath" he revealed as he smirked.

Sylvie spilled her drink in the lounge at the mention of the lava bath, she must have been startled. 

People have died, a lot suffered. This all happened due to my-

"They don't resent you for that. They won't anymore if they saw how your life is. Damn, sometimes even I doubt how you managed to survive till now. It is fine to mourn and feel sad for them, but don't live with it at your core. Protect your present." he cried out cutting my flowing thoughts.

"I won't say something as grand as "saving the world" with a straight face, but let's not wither away without a blow to whoever the enemy is." he continued.

"Hell, if you are not convinced yet. After you get your reunion with your family done, let's go grind that Aroa's Requiem and revive everyone," he growled as my face turned pale.

His barrage of good and inspiring words came to a halt while he inspected my state keenly. As he was about to go for a second round I interrupted him.

"Were you always this motivating? My weapon is evolving weirdly." I smirked as he hissed at my comments.

'And here I was worrying that my master will get depressed, now whose job was it again?' Regis said in my mind as Sylvie let out a chuckle while in the hallway below. 

Seris entered the balcony, smiling briefly. She patted Regis as he wagged his tail passionately. She then turned to me and gestured to be seated around the table.

"Grey, there are many things to talk about. Where should I begin with? let's see.." she said as she fell in deep thought. I was bewildered by the way she addressed me.

I waited for her to lead the conversation. Regis strolled around while the rest have been tending to Tessia. 

"First of all, I am glad that you were able to experience what a family is" she expressed politely.