CHAPTER TWO: FRIEND

You waited at the dark alleyway, the pink purse still in your pocket. Your eyes were scanning the people who walked pass the alleyway, trying to spot your friend who's supposed to be here any time now.

'Did that bitch get in trouble again?' You groaned in annoyance.

Sure enough, you heard a thump behind you. You turn around and glared at the green haired girl.

"Sorry! I got chased by the guards!" She whipered yelled, she was sweating.

"Of course you did." You replied, sarcasm laced your voice.

"But I lost them this time! I pearled away!" She then chuckled.

You face palmed, "That's the fifth time you've used your pearls. I'm not giving you anymore pearls if you ended up using them all." You scolded her.

She shrinked, "Jeez, fine- I'll use them wisely next time." She scratched her green hair.

Zui rosewood, a friend you've made when you were still at college.

She have this short pale green hair, ocean blue eyes and pale skin. She went to college to train to be an official marksman but sadly fate were not kind at her, instead of becoming an official marksman she dropped out of college just when she's about to graduate as an official marksman.

But the good thing is that she managed to get her official weapon from the school, when she dropped out it was supposed to get taken away from her but she managed to sneak it away from the school and move village.

She have this metal crossbow, the crossbow was high quality made in also high quality materials. It's no wonder why her shots is always perfect, she always kept her crossbow strapped behind her back just in case. It was hidden from the public for she was always wearing a cloak.

You're Y/N L/N, you and zui went to the same college and was dropped out the same day. You've always wanted to become an official tank one day, just like her- you got kicked out from the school just when you were about to graduate.

You're able to get your official weapon as a tank too, a gigantic scythe. Sure, it was heavy but when you're still are college the teachers there tought the students who wanted to become an official tank to bear any heavy things. Since tanks are usually the human shield when it comes to battle field, they needed to be trained to carry heavy things around them all the time to protect themselves and their teammates.

It was made it the finest material of (preferred ore). It was also high quality, you don't bring it out in the public often to avoid suspicion. When you're out stealing shits you'll usually just bring a mini dagger to defend yourself.

There's really no use on bringing a scythe in a robbery, you and zui are just robbing people, not murdering them.

So and long as you don't kill anyone, you're good.

"Whatever, let's go back to the base." You said and zui only nodded.

The two of you walked in a shortcut you two found out just weeks ago to go into your shared house.

The house was not that bad, in fact it was a tree house. You and zui had build your base in the woods near he village to avoid getting caught by the guards. You climbed the tree house by hoisting yourself up in a vine and climbing your way up to the door.

Zui soon followed, when you got inside the tree house you immediately plopped down on the couch. Zui doing the same but instead on the couch she just dropped dead on tbe wooden floor.

You heard a thud and a groan, you chuckled at her stupidity and closed your eyes for a bit.

After resting for a bit you sat up, you then reached for your pocket and pulled out the pink purse. "I think I caught a big one this time." You smiled.

"Oh?" Was zui's only answer, still sprawled on the ground.

You then tossed her the purse, "look inside."

She groaned, she then sat up and leaned on the couch and opened the purse. When she opened the purse her eyes widened and her mouth fell agape.

"YOOOOO-" she exclaimed.

"That bitch is hella rich!" She exclaimed while showing you the cash the purse hold.

Your eyes widened a bit when you saw a stack of cash stored in the purse, you smiled proudly and crossed your arms. "What can I say? I'm just good at picking my victims." You cockily said.

She then nudged your leg with her arm. "Oh shut up, I helped you cause a commotion." She argued playfully.

You smirked, "but I'm the one who snatched the purse." You retort.

"Shut up!" She exclaimed in defeat and you only chuckled.

You looked at the cash again, "That should help us get through the incoming winter." You stated.

Zui only nodded, putting the purse in the couch next to you and plopping back on the ground.

You then stood up, "coffee?" You asked.

"Two cups please" she answered.

You just nodded and put some water in the kettle and slapped it in the furnace, you leaned at the crafting bench and waited for the kettle to whistle.

The sound of birds singing were the only thing you can hear at the quiet tree house, zui was still probably on the ground, lazing around.

"Y/N?" You jumped when you heard her voice.

You hummed in return, "Why don't you ever use your scythe?"

The question stunned you, you looked at your scythe- it was hanging on the wall with straps on. It's been there for who knows how long, come to think of it you've never used the scythe.

You chuckled, "Zui we only steal from people-" you trailed off. "-not kill them."

Zui was quiet for a moment, you couldn't see what she looked like since the couch was blocking it. She the hummed-

"Right, we only steal from people." She then paused.

"Not kill them."