CHAPTER ELEVEN: PLANS

Sorry for the lack of updates! school just started and I might be busier than usual, will try to update if I can though ;')

This will be a slow burn story so the romantic parts will show up when the reader and sam finally develop feelings for each other (duh)

There will be times when the reader and sam will give each other gifts but it's considered as friendly gifts or smth like that sdkjdjs

You were nervous, you didn't know how to unfold everything to zui. she'll be mad for sure and will probably give you a five page long scolding, your shoulders were slumped as you walk back to the house. you climbed the vine and you can already smell the rabbit stew zui was making inside. you entered the already open door and put your cloak at the nearby clothing rack on the side and then plopped down on the couch.

Zui perked up at the sound and she peeked from the makeshift kitchen to see you sitting on the couch, "Welcome back" She announced as she went back to her business.

You didn't replied to her, still thinking on how you should start explaining the situation to her. you heard some clanking of bowls and spoons on the kitchen and then a paused then footsteps walking towards you, zui put down to bowl of rabbit stew on the coffee table in front of you and she sat down besides you and picked up her own stew and started digging in.

The stew smelled amazing, makes you want to dig into it almost immediately. but instead you took your time and picked up the still hot stew and started digging onto it, "So, how's the routine?" zui asked.

You stayed quiet, watching as the smoke on the stew evaporate into nothing. she hummed in return, waiting patiently for your reply. after a moment of silent you just sighed and raised a spoonful of stew in front of your mouth, you then prepared yourself to explain all of what happened from the beginning to the deal you and nick made.

Zui listened carefully, she didn't dared to interrupt you and quietly ate her stew as she listen to every word you utter. when you finished her stew was already finished as well, she put the now empty stew on the coffee table and leaned back on the couch as she crosses her arms. she have a look of seriousness written on her face and a tinge of confusion on it, It made you feel a little better to know that she didn't burst into a tantrum immediately and just start on giving you a lecture like a mom.

"Well?" You muttered out, the stew on your hands were now cold and unmoving.

"It was...shocking to be honest..." She muttered and put a finger on her chin. "You're usually really careful with your moves before making them, I know that for a fact." 

"But, I find it strange on how he can easily spot you in a crowded area." She paused and looked at your cloak that was hanging on the clothing rack, "And I don't believe that he recognized you just by looking at your cloak, and if he did managed to recognize you just by your cloak he gotta be very observant. there's almost a hundred of people crowding on the public execution day, it's impossible that he spotted you in that big of a crowd." She continued, a stern look was on her face.

"What... are you implying?" You asked, tilting your head. 

"He would need a lot of time to imprint that specific cloak in his mind to recognize you so quick." She then looked at you.

Your eyes widened, soon realizing what she's implying.

Zui's has a point, it would take a lot of time and many days to recognize a simple cloak that you'll see everyday. Unless they have been looking at it every second and every day to the point they'll notice the smallest detail on that cloak, the thought hit you like a rock.