CHAPTER FIVE: SHOW

You hurried to the village and onto the central square, it was confirmed by the amount of people watching right now. You climbed a roof so that you can see much more clearer on what's happening right now.

"Where are you?" You spoke to your scroll.

It was quiet for a second, "In the trees."

Your eyes wandered to the trees around the village and soon enough, you noticed her kneelig on the tree. Watching the chaos unfold on the village.

"I'm on a roof." You replied as you watch her look at the roofs of the houses before she spotted you. The two of you waved at each other before ending the call.

You watch as two guards drag a man on his fortys up in the stage, the man thrashed around and screamed for help, tears streaming down his face.

"Please! I am begging you! I am innocent!" The man pleaded.

The guards only yanked him up and kicked him forward tbe stage, they then forced him on his knees and put a clothe on his head, blocking his sight.

The crowd was howling and cheering to end that man's life, soon another guard climbed the stage. When he made his appearance clear to the audience they automatically went quiet.

The guard looks more superior than the other two guards, his hair were the color of dark green, his eyes were different than most human eyes- his pupils were in a deep shade of red while his sclera were all black. He wore a gas mask for his lower face, he wore a full netherite armor. Underneath the armor were a black tunic and black jeans along with a pair of combat boots.

He was holding a trident on his hand.

He then spoke in the mic, "Ladies and gentlemen, My name's samuel. And I am here to announce that we will hold a public execution." He then pointed at the guy who's sight had been blocked on the ground. "This unfortunate citizen had been caught stealing from a local bakery shop."

You squinted your eyes, 'he's getting executed just because he got caught stealing?' You then glared at the scene. 'From what I remember they only go to jail, not get killed.'

The crowd then cheered, this made you angry. They're actually enjoying to see this man die? It made you sick. How can they be ruthless?

"The new King had changed a few rules to teach the rascals here a lesson." The Warden spoke again.

'This is absurd!' You thought, 'getting executed just because he got caught stealing?'

You turned to zui who have an angry expression on her face as well, you then looked back down at the scene that's unfolding before you. The Warden then moved away from the mic and walked towards the guy who's still kneeling on the ground.

He raised his trident, the crowd cheered louder and your glare hardened at the scene. You then put on the hood of your cloak and, Without thinking twice- you retrieved a pearl on your pocket and throw it at the stage.

The pearl landed on the ground and it exploded, you jumped into action immediately- you raised your scythe -you didn't even realized that you had forgot to put it back on the house- and parried the trident that's about to behead the poor guy.

The crowd went quiet and some of them gasped, the warden seems to be shocked at the sudden attack. The two guards quickly got into action and withdraw their own swords, before their blades can even land at you you had moved out of the way.

The guards yelled profanities at you, suddenly- the first guard dropped on the ground. An arrow was sticking out on his neck, you turn to the tree where zui was to see her holding her crossbow and was pointing a the other guard who went riggid when he saw his coworker dead on the ground.

You didn't even went to check when you heard another thud behind you. Already knowing that zui had shot the other guard, you turned to the warden who's trident already in the air- ready to attack.

You barely dodged in time when you felt the blade of his trident brushed against your shoulder, you swung your scythe and he quickly dodged the attack. He was fast and good at strategies, the crowd starts to howl again when the two of you started fighting on the stage.

You were starting to regret your decision to appear in the action, zui must be shock too. You dodged again from his incoming attack and when you saw him swing his trident close to your throat you ducked and delivered a punch to his stomach.

Your fist only hit the netherite chest plate and you winced in pain when your fist made contact with the hard metal, you stepped back when you saw his trident swing at you again. As you were about to move out of the way to find a way to escape his trident stabbed through the cape of your cloak.

You were pulled backwards due to the force, you looked to see his trident stabbed through your cloak and was on the ground. You then averted your gaze to the man before you to see him charging at you, you raised your scythe in defense and swung it forward to make him retreat.

Sure enough, it worked. He stepped back in order to avoid the blade of your scythe, you pulled at your cape to rip it from the trident- suddenly an arrow came flying and stabbed through the near ground of where the warden was standing.

The Warden seems startled and looked around on where the arrow came from, before he can avert his eyes to where zui was you ripped off the fabric of your cape and went to his visio. You raised a fist and deliver it to his face, he went stumbling backwards in return.

Another arrow came flying to the stage and this time, it brushed again the warden's cheek. It bled to your surprise and he stubled backwards, the audience was yelling curses at you as you fished your pocket for a pearl.

You heard multiple footsteps reached the stage and you looked around to see more guards, they were holding spears and they all pointed it at you.

"Halt! Put your weapon down and surrender!" A powerful voice boomed.

You only glared at them and pulled out an ender pearl, when they see the pearl in your hand they panicked and quickly ran towards you to confiscate the pearl.

More arrows rained on the stage, some of them went down while the others managed to dodged. You then threw your pearl where zui was, the air shifted and coughed around you before you dissapeared in the eyes of the citizens.

You landed at the ground, you quickly hid behind a tree. You heard a thud besides you and you panicked, you turned to look to see zui. She had a bright smile of her face.

"Dude that was awesome!" She cheered.

You rolled your eyes, "yeah and now we're on the run." As if on cue, you heard yelling on the stage and some curses too.

Her grin went away and she put on her hood, she then looked to see guards running towards where the two of you are.

She then pulled out two pearls and handed one to you, she then smiled at you and nodded.

When the guards were close enough the two of you threw your own pearls. You were the first one to disappear- just minutes before zui catch up to you she then turned to the guards and saluted at them.

"Try catching us if you can!" With that, she disappeared into thin air.