CHAPTER SEVEN: LYING

After what happened you quickly returned to the shop you were just in and paid for the products, the people apologizing for how their prince acted. You still couldn't get over the fact that that kid is a Prince, the way he dress makes him look like a rag.

It kind of irked you how the warden didn't punished the kid for 'pranking' you and give a death sentence to someone who's poor and only wanted some food to feed his family, when it comes to ranking the royals are the first in the conversation.

You waited outside the weaponry shop for zui, after a when the door opened and zui exited the shop holding a bag of full arrows in them. "You're already back?" She asked and you only hummed.

You didn't told her what happened earlier, not wanting to worry her. Instead the two of you walked around the village for a while, looking and sometimes buying some items that catches your eyes.

While walking you heard some citizens gossips at the side, "Did you hear what happened yesterday at the public execution?" The first lady whispered, "Yes! It was scary!" the second lady spoke.

"The lady was really fast! It's the first time someone had manage to outrun the warden."

"She might be an expert when it comes to those things, scary..."

You scoffed, that's what they're worried about? Come to think of it you heard that it's the first time someone had mange to outrun their warden, that'd probably why they're so gloomy today.

'That doesn't sound like a threat to me.' You thought as you and zui walked away from the gossips and back to the tree house to make something to eat.

~•~

The following day was unexpected, you found yourself in the village again. You need to observe the village to see if it's safe to go back to your job or if you should still stay hidden, as expected- the village still has those pesky guards guarding their every move for their own protection.

You spotted the warden a couple of times, making sure to go to the opposite direction of where he's going. You didn't want to run to the warden today, that's the least thing you wanted to do today.

You also heard the same gossips over and over again, such as how they are scared for the lady who fought the warden. Now that you think about it, you'll probably be scared too if you just saw someone with a big scythe in hand fighting the warden.

You sweated a little at the thought and averted your eyes from the guards, you've been walking around the village for a while now- just observing the routine of the guards. At what time they got their break time, what time they switch places and at what time the warden will patrol the place. so that when you and zui finally decided to go back to your 'job' you and her will be ready. 

The snow crunched under your heels as you walk, your eyes were observing the guards with venom in them. your mood seems to drop when you averted your eyes to the guards, your mind repeating the last events that happened at the central square. as you were lost in thought you didn't saw a certain green haired guy in front of you, you yelped when you collided with his chest. you stepped backwards- averting your gaze to the guy who you despite the most.

"Oh!- I'm so sorry, I didn't saw you there." You simply apologized, flashing him your signature fake smile.

The warden only shook his head, "It's fine, it's not that big of a deal." You can imagine him smiling under that mask of his.

As usual, he was holding his trident in his other hand. his red orbs looked down at you and they widened a bit before waving his hand as a sign of hello. "You're that lady yesterday, are you not?" He asked, flashing you a friendly gaze.