CHAPTER EIGHT: CHAOS

"WHAT?"

You scrunched your face in anger from how loud zui was, "I know! It's just so absurd! How can they treat us lower class like we're all slave?!" You nonetheless agreed with zui.

"The new king isn't doing much either! All of them are the same! They're partying and celebrating inside their expensive chambers while we're out here risking out lives just to eat!" You added to your rant, pacing around the living room in anger.

"And Sam invited me to the public execution too! I mean, what kind of person invites someone on their final day?!"

Zui's eyes widened at that "woah, woah, stop right there." She paused and you stopped your pacing and looked at her.

"He invited you to a public execution tomorrow?" She repeated and you nodded. "So that means every thief they capture there's gonna be an execution happening..." She muttered as she put a finger on her chin.

"That's the point! I'd like to avoid these executions as much as possible." You then crossed your arms and glared at the wall. "That's why I'm not going."

Zui turn to look at you, "Wouldn't that make him suspicious of you..?" She asked. "No, he said they have no lead of us so that means we're safe." You then turn away from zui, a solemn look was displayed on your face. "For now, i guess..."

The two of you were quiet for a moment before zui went to a chest where she stored her newly bought arrows and her crossbow.  "Then how about we show up at the execution." She stated and you looked at her as if she's crazy, she then dug something on the chest before throwing something at you.

You skillfully caught it and you looked down at the object in your hand, it was a white mask. A simple (preferred design) design was marked on the mask, "But at the same time, we also don't show up."

You turn to her with a confused face, she then pulled out another mask. The mask has a sun marking on it's cheek, "How can we even do that?" You asked, putting both of your hands at your hips.

She then flashed you a mischievous smirk and pulled out her crossbow then loaded up a single arrow, "We're gonna give them a show."

~•~

The following day came, you had wore the mask zui had given you. Saying that it would be a great disguise when you step on the 'show' which you half agree.

You wore all black, black turtleneck and black jeans to blend in with the shadows. Along with your black cloak, you were completely hidden in the shadows. This time instead of bringing your gigantic scythe you just bought your diamond sword, you only uses small weapons such as daggers when hunting for food- the use of the diamond sword is for nighttime, you tend to stay up late training or hunting for food and that's exactly not the great time to be outside considering the living dead is starting to rise from the dead.

The sheathed sword were resting on your hips as you hid in the shadows of an alleyway. You look up to the trees to see zui hiding in the shadows of the leaves, when she caught your gaze (at least she assumed-) through the mask she waved a bit before nodding.

You only nodded back, watching as the people gather in the central square. Waiting for the public execution to began, it still made you sick how many people likes watching someone die by the pawns of the king. Sam was already at the stage, performing a small apology speech for what happened yesterday. Saying that the royal guards are after you and zui's tail right now which is a lie, they don't even have a lead to where you guys are. The thought made you smirked.

You blend in with the crowd that's going to the central square, the large crowd around you is useful for this 'show'. You wouldn't be suspicious at all since there's many others who's wearing a cloak too, they'd just assume that you're one of them.