8

I had no answer. Why am I staring her with this longigness, as if she is someone I am related somehow?

Oh God! How pathetic does that sounds? Since when my thoughts were altered like this for her?

I tried to clear my head of her thoughts to give a witty comeback to her question. Getting no ideas, I pretended to be fast asleep, only to open my eyes to narrow suits to check whether she is sleeping or not but that also got wasted, cause I almost got caught because she was wide awake.

I stretched a bit to show that how much I am uncomfortable while sleeping in sofa and turned my face away from her.

"Nice, put up of facade, hmm," she remarked slowly causing me to shriek in horror, but I clamped my lips tightly together to prevent any sort of noise.

What is she? A spy?

Why can't she rest to get well sooner but instead of that she keeps on spying on me and my activities and actions?

Am I even going to be able to sleep under her stern gaze? Yes, you will love to. My subconscious taunted me, I would have slapped it so hard that it would have left stinging pain there, only if it was possible though.

There is no way to escape her, so I decided to confront her, confront reality.  Confront? You? Her?

Okay! A little bit near to confront her and reality both. I acted as if I was just woking up due to her repeated provoking comments from my deep slumber of peace.

"Did you said something?" My tone as calm as possible, sounding like I have just been awakened after putting lots of efforts.

"No, nothing, there is nothing which I had spoken and you hadn't listened at first time, so yes nothing," she smiled radiating fake charm in order to make me accept the truth.

But I am a tough guy. Huuh!

"Okay! Then good night my lady," I slapped my forehead softly with tips of my fingers.

Why did I addressed her as 'My lady?'

I think I am going crazy by each second I spend in her company. 

Hearing soft snoring once in a while, I turned towards her to see her asleep. Sweat drops covering her face and other exposed body parts such as forearms.

No offense.

I stood up with a determination and a goal to check what is her temperature right now?

For using word like goal,  I myself don't know why I am behaving weird, I hope I have stated that before.

I tip toed towards her bed, opened the drawer to retrive first aid kit as silently as possible, but that made a sound. I was scared like shit that she would catch me red handed and may think of me as a burglar or thief or anything similar to that.

She must be sleeping deep to avoid that noise, but anyway it was good for me.

Checking the current temperature of thermometer I placed it in her underarms. Thank god, her sleeves are so so and so much frilly and loose or else how could I have done that?

There was no chance of keeping it in her mouth without her knowing. I thanked god mentally for always helping me in weird and difficult situations.

After analysing almost everything of her room closely for two minutes, I noticed that may be her favourite colour is white and she doesn't likes to keeps walls covered with painting, photo frames or any other decorations cause there was barely any.

Pulling out the thermometer, I concluded that her body temperature is still 100°F. She will feel better tomorrow for sure, and if possible she would be all fit and fine by God's grace with a tinsy winsy of weakness and fatigue of course.

But that can be managed by healthy diet and a proper amount of rest.

I closed my eyes thinking about the lie which Samaksh cooked up for us to our parents. Mother must have been worried and hurt. I regretted lying but I feel good for helping this girl.

*****

I woke up with a tantalizing aroma of coffee that made my insides drool over it. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my limbs and felt soreness and stiffness in it.

Taking my time to feel each and every limb properly,  I sat straight on sofa, with desire to sleep again to get some proper rest.

But the clock on front wall, also in white indicated sharp 8'o clock. I again looked at my surroundings, why am I not on the streets with vehicles zooming past me or people walking by side of me throwing either coins or pebbles at me?

I saw everything at it's own designated place , except she was missing, she is not here.

Preparing myself mentally to get escorted forcefully of this house with some beautiful, extremely beautiful veiled insults in my grace.

I padded slowly to get out of here, before she can catch me, to escape from her, she crossed my path, not throwing a single curse at me.

She eyed me nodded and said, "Put off the flame when the water boils, I will be back in two minutes and your friend is ready to leave, better you be too, you have already been here more than necessary. To be very accurate, four hours more."

I should have been offended by her accent, her tone, her way of conversation with me, but I was nothing more than glad to see her all good and well walking and running around without a hint off fever.

I had also known she will throw me out of her house eventually, cause it's not mine for sure but this nicely I had not expected honestly.

This is way better and I am glad to accept the way it is. Now I am smiling like a loon.

Wait!

Not loon.

"Amelia, stop torturing the poor man!" Her friend said in a saccharine sweet voice as compared to hers.

Of course, I am not saying that Amelia's voice is any less good but her friend's was way too sweet to be natural.

Amelia.

How beautiful does that sounds? Smooth like silk rolling from tongue.  Creating happiness in heart while speaking.

Amelia.

I love you all.

VOTE, COMMENT, PLEASE.

I get tired of typing it and all, I was thinking today of voice typing it, but rejected the idea since it may need proofreading again.