14

I got outside of car in a rush to stop the forecoming incident. I sprinted towards her, cursing the driving person of that wrecked up car who was driving mindlessly towards her with no second thought of stopping before hitting her.

I was way too far to stop this.

I crouched down when I exhausted with head hung low.

I flicked my gaze upwards when I heard a screeching sound of tyres hitting something making a bit loud sound like, Wham!

What I saw was unbelievable!

There the car was slightly collided with road divider and Amelia was still standing dumbfounded like an idiot she is!

The young man came out of the car in a rush ran up to her saying something which I was unable to hear.

Slowly but gradually, walking up to them, I heard the man saying, "Sorry, Ms. break of my car was not working properly due to which I wasn't able to apply break but why were you not stepping aside, inspite of me honking continuously?"

There, there you made a point man.

Of course in this he wasn't the sole person to be held responsible for any mishap if it would have transpired.

"Umm what? Care to explain me sir again, if you don't mind!" She said while pulling out ear bud out of her ear.

What the actual fuck!

Like seriously has she lost it or what?

"Nothing, Miss, you can go and please don't use earbuds or any kind of ear plugs that would keep distracting you while walking on road, not on pedestrian walking," he said pointing towards his car.

This man is surely not mindless as stated by me previously. Such a minute thing but he noticed it which I didn't. But he was genuinely right, she was walking on road not on pedestrian walking area.

It was absolutely her fault. But he was generous enough to let her go without reprimanding her.

Looking besides her, she resumed her action of walking, but before she could do so, I had reached up to her and grabbed her arm pulling her to me from her waist.

She bumped hard into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her.

After few moments when I gained my mental composure, I noticed that her forearms were hanging loosely at her sides.

Sensing her discomfort, I pulled apart without having desire to do so. And then reluctantly I moved backwards.

She looked at me as if i never existed and she had seen me all of once for first time ever.

"Didn't you recognise me?" I asked feeling hurt.

"Of course I did or else I would have punched you till death with my very own fist," she said looking at me with a soft glare.

"Why were you walking without having your attention on the passing by vehicles? And moreover why didn't you took a cab or anything? What was the need of roaming all alone in the middle of night?"

I lashed out without even realizing it. I don't know but why even the thought of getting her hurt, hurts me to the core.

"Actually," she responded while I was waiting for more words to know the reason, "I don't think you are liable for anything regarding me, so I don't think I need to answer you," she said wounding me with her words without even acknowledging it.

My head hung low, cause whatever she said was indeed truth. But why it pains so much then to be turned over by her for an answer.

"Now move out of my way, I have many more things to do rather than standing here with you for forever," she said in a more strict tone than earlier.

Forever, isn't it what I want with her?

No, no it isn't like that. How can I feel something like this strong in a span of day.

It's just getting in my head.

"Yes, sure!" I said, unwillingly and stepped aside giving her more room for her to go.

"Good bye!" She turned and waved her hand at me, her voice growing softer with each alphabet.

I don't know really what to interpret either from mine feeling or behavoiur towards her or from her's. It's just everything is messing up in my head, like some sort of puzzle.

"Wait!" I called.

"Yes?" She responded more in a questioning way.

"In the morning you had served me coffee, accidentally I took it with me, wait for a while, I will be back with it," saying this I walked towards car.

I don't know why I fucked up this. I never wanted to return it from very first, then why now?

And blast!

Now I have said her that I am going to return it, there is no way, I can back out now.

I can't lie even, fuck!

Let it be!

Let it be!

I chanted my mantra, which I recite when things don't go according to my planning. I chant this to make myself believe that this happening was predestined and I would have never ever been able to change this fact by either of my actions or words, so let it be.....

Picking the coffee mug, I slided back, "Wait! Darshan. I'm sorry, you can keep it dude. You had asked me something from this long Era and I denied it too, lecturing you about morals and ethics," he said with guilty.

I don't what has gotten into people nearby me recently.

Few, just few hours ago he was fucking adamant and was behaving like a caveman for morals and ethics and now when I am agreeing to him, he is turning the tables.

"I'm going to return it to her," saying this, I gave him a final look, knowing from his expression that he wants to say something.

"If you speak a single words now, I swear I will have to drive you to the nearest by hospital. You asshole. So better keep your mouth shut. I will deal with you later on, but let me finish this whole story now," I closed the door shut.

She was tapping het right feet against the ground when I reached there, I took a deep breath and had a last glance of her, "Here, it is. Sorry!"

I walked away from her.

Vote and comment please.

I LOVE you all and MISS you all so much....

I know I am being such an irresponsible person as an author, but I was sick and medical college never leaves me.

Even if I am not at college, I am there by doing assignments and pricking my finger.

It hurts though🥲🥲🥲.