t w o

Anne sees her son walking down the hall when she's on her way to Louis' room. She has to hold back her tears when she sees how pale Marcel's face is. 

"Marcy, baby, how's Ed doing?" 

Marcel looks up with dull eyes, "He- he's still stable and slightly getting better."

"That's good, love. How are you doing?" 

"I-" Marcel sighs, "Not good, mom." 

Anne frowns and pulls Marcel on some chairs that are placed in the hallways. Hospitals have chairs everywhere. 

"How can I help, darling?" 

"Bring Edward back?" Marcel chuckles dryly. 

Anne bites her lip, "You're doing great helping Harry and Louis to stay calm, Marcy."

"How do I keep myself calm, mom?" 

She sighs and pulls him in a side hug, "You can't. It's normal to go mad when someone you love is hurt."

"It's not only that- I don't want Louis to see him like that, I don't even want Harry to. He looks so lifeless, mom.  It's unfair to keep them away but they'll be so freaked out and won't get that picture out of their head."

"I know, love. They'll be crushed but at least they won't hold it against you that you kept him away.." 

"For when he dies," Marcel finishes Anne's sentence with a small voice, he closes his eyes and puts his head on his mom's shoulder. 

"I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean it like that." 

Marcel's eyes water again, "Please, tell me it won't happen, mom. Tell me I won't lose my mate." 

"You won't love, he's so strong, you are too," Anne soothes him while running her hand through his hair, swallowing thickly. 

"I have to get back to Lou, I feel that he's getting restless," Marcel sighs and wipes his tears away. 

"I brought him a sweater with Edward's scent on, I hope that helps." 

Marcel nods, "Thank you." 

~

"How is he?" Harry asks the moment Marcel steps through the door. 

"He's stable and even getting better slowly." 

Harry sighs relieved, "Can I see him?" 

Louis fiddles with his hands, knowing he isn't aloud to see his mate yet. 

"You both can," Marcel says softly, making his way to Louis' bed. 

"I can?" Louis asks with a confused gaze. 

"Yes, love, it's selfish of me to keep you away from him. I didn't think it through, I really don't want you to stress about it but keeping you away may cause even more stress." 

"Does he look bad then?" 

Marcel sighs and takes Louis' hand, "He's hooked up on a lot of machines and he's very.. unmoving." 

"What do you mean?" Harry asks, sitting on the other side of Louis' bed. 

"He means that it's scary to see him like that, love. He looks a bit pale and doesn't react on anything," Anne speaks before Marcel has to start searching his words. 

"He seems dead," Louis mutters. 

Harry bites his lip while Louis has to ease his own breathing because he can't mess up the fact that Marcel is letting him see Edward.