f i v e

"Fuck off," Louis mutters, pushing away the hand that's been shaking him to wake up. 

Harry pouts, "That's not fair, I have to wake you." 

"Frankly, I do not care what you have to do, just leave me the fuck alone," Louis groans. 

Harry frowns and goes away, he knows Louis has been having a hard time, being pregnant with twins for three months now but it still hurts. 

"What's wrong, baby?" Edward asks, walking over to where Harry just entered the kitchen. 

"Lou's mean, he said I had to leave him the fuck alone," Harry tells his brother, a tear leaving his eye even though he knows Louis probably didn't mean it. 

Edward frowns and pulls Harry into a side hug, he's full on using the fact that he's able to do that now. Marcel still scolds him when he moves around too much but it's all fine. 

"He didn't sleep well, love. He's a bit grumpy about it." 

Harry whines, "I hate it, I know it's just the hormones but it hurts, Eddie. He's been snapping at me for a whole week now, just because I spilled his tea." 

Edward sighs and kisses Harry's temple, "I'll go talk to him, baby. I know you can't deal with people being mean."

"What's wrong? Why's my bubba so sad?" Marcel asks, rubbing Harry's back a bit, kissing his cheek. 

"Lou's still snapping at him and being mean," Edward explains. 

"Still?"

Harry nods, looking down, "I mean, it's kind of my fault-" 

"It is most certainly not, Harold," Edward frowns, "You did nothing wrong, baby." 

"I'll go talk to him-"

"No, I'll do it, Marcy. Just finish dinner, I'll have him down by the time you're done." 

Marcel nods, "Don't anger him any further, it won't do any good." 

"I won't, I'm just going to talk to him," Edward kisses them both quickly before making his way to the guest room. 

Even though Edward is back on his feet Marcel didn't like the idea of him walking up and down the stairs all day so they're still sleeping downstairs. 

He walks into the sight of his omega curled up in the middle of the bed, wearing his favorite shirt of Marcel and cuddling shirts of him and Harry to his chest. 

Louis' been needing their scents close by while sleeping since a few weeks so when they're not there he's been trying to find replacements. 

Edward walks over to the bed and sits down against the headboard, traveling his fingers through Louis' soft fringe. 

"Lou, baby, wake up," Edward scratches his head now. 

Louis groans and turns around, against all his instincts. His body wants to be close to one of his alphas but he really needs some sleep right now. 

"C'mon, love, it's time for dinner."

"Sleep," Louis mutters. 

"I know you didn't sleep well, but you have to eat. You skipped lunch already," Edward sighs. 

"I don't care." 

"I do," Edward retorts, "Get up, Louis." 

"No." 

"Now," Edward uses his alpha voice. 

Louis whines and sits up, looking at Edward with his eyes somewhere between sad and mad.