t h r e e

Louis and Harry left the room to shower together, leaving Marcel and Edward alone for the first time in a week.

"Marcy?"

Marcel hums and looks Edward's way.

"Come here, baby. I've been dying to cuddle you," Edward sighs.

louis and Harry are constantly hogging him up, he loves them to death but god he craved some Marcel too.

Marcel smiles and goes to lay by Edward's side, "Me too. I've missed you so much."

"I'm so sorry you had to do all of this alone, baby."

"Don't apologize, you got shot," Marcel frowns.

"Still, I promised you I'd be there for you only a day before, I know how upset you were."

"That doesn't mean you have to apologize, Eddie."

"I feel like I should," Edward kisses his head and takes in Marcel's scent.

"You shouldn't. I love you and I'm happy you're with us again, that's all I care about."

"I love you too, so much. Mom told me you handled Harry and Louis perfectly, thank you so much for being there for them, baby."

Marcel hides his face in Edward's neck and groans, "I didn't, Ed. I was so scared, I didn't know what I was doing."

Edward rubs his back, "Of course you were scared, love but you did great. You were so strong."

Marcel gives in to all his emotions and lets out a sob, gripping Edward's shirt tighter.

"Let it all out, love," Edward coos and hugs him tighter, not even caring if his wound hurts him.

"I-I can't stop seeing you," the younger alpha hiccups, "covered in y-your own blood. I can still feel it trying to push through my fingers while I was pressing your wound."

Edward winces at the thought and tries to soothe his brother as much as possible.

"I keep hearing your machine's beeping in my head when you were in shock, I felt so useless, Ed. I couldn't do anything. We were losing you and I couldn't do anything. I'm a fucking doctor but I was useless."

"You weren't, at all. Love, if you hadn't been there I would've bleed to death the first night. Please get it inside of your head, you saved my life. Stop seeing yourself as useless, the only reason we're all still here or sane is because of you. You're the reason we've survived this, Marcy."

Marcel shakes his head while his breathing trembles and Edward can feel an asthma attack coming.

"Where's your inhaler, love?" He asks as calm as possible.

Marcel wheezes a bit and points to his jacket on the other side of the room.

As if they heard it, Louis and Harry step back into the room the moment Edward was going to push the red button for a nurse. He didn't want to at first to save Marcel from embarrassment but he rather have his mate alive than not embarrassed.

"H, can you hand his inhaler, his jacket," Edward asks in a rush.

Harry nods and rushes over to his jacket fiddling with the pockets to find it, once he does he rushes back over to his mates.

"Marcy, c'mon, love," Edward coaxes his out his neck to use his inhaler.

"What happened?" Harry asks pulling Louis on his lap once he sits down by the bed.

"Just an asthma attack, it's been a bit too much lately," Edward explains, silencing them for other questions while focusing back on helping his brother to stay calm.