~ Chapter 1 ~

You wake up to the sound of your alarm ringing. You wake up startled and confused to the sound.
"I didn't set my alarm last night" you say. "That's right, I did." Your dad says sitting at the edge of your bed.
"Dad! When did you get home?!" You say while you jump to give him a big hug.
"I just flew in last night. I thought maybe we could play some puck with.. I don't know.. the ducks?" He says.
"Really? Wait, REALLY? OKAY!" You say while jumping out of bed to go get ready.
"Wait..wait..wait. I got some good news." He says.
"Oh, what are they?" You say excitedly.
"How about we play... for the U.S.A team in the Junior Goodwill Games?" He says with a smile.
You sit there in shock.
"Wait seriously?" You say
"Yes, sweetie seriously." He says smiling
"OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH, YES YES YESS!!! AHHH OKAY I'M GOING TO GO GET THE TEAM!" You say excitedly

~ 15 minutes later~

"Hey dad, I'm gunna go round the ducks up. Meet us at the dinner." You say while grabbing your roller blades and your helmet.
"Okay, here use this." He says while throwing you a duck call.
"Okay, bye dad. Love you!" You say while walking out the door.
"Bye, sweetie. Love you too" He says

~some time goes by~

You knock on a door of an apartment building.
"Hey Charlie! You home?!" You say while blowing the duck caller.
You hear movement coming from inside the apartment. The door opens and it's Charlie.
"Hey (y/n), what brings you here? He asks.
"Oh, my dad came home and wants to play hockey." You say with a smile.
"COACH, IS IN TOWN! WOO HOO! Okay, let me go get my stuff I'll be right back." Charlie says.
Not even 5 minutes later, Charlie comes back to the door with a slice of bread in his mouth and pulls you to get going.

~ They skate around and get the team. It took about 25 minutes to get them. ~

You circle around the coach and everyone hugs him. Suddenly, a long black limo pulls up to the curve. Out pops out a male named Mr. Tibbles saying he was the sponsor of the U.S.A team. We went to the skating rink after a while. The ducks line up behind Coach Bombay as a group of five new kids skate out into the ice in front of the ducks.
"Tell me about my new kids." Coach said
"That's Luis Mendoza." Tibbles said as he pointed to Hispanic boy.
"Good looking guy." Connie said
"Very good looking, don't you agree guy?" My best friend Averman said smirking while we both chuckled. But as they chuckled (y/n) caught the attention of one of the new skaters.
"Shut up Averman" Guy said while elbowing Averman causing the both of us to fall.
The tall boy on the other side of the rink quietly laughed as he saw (y/n) and a red headed boy on the ground.
"He's from our Miami club. A real speedster. Incredible skater. I clocked him 1.9 seconds blue line to blue line." Tibbles continued to say.
The new skater began to show off his skills.
"There on minor problem." He said as the skater ran into the wall. The other four skaters skated to him and help him up.
"Hey, you alright?" Said one of the new kids
"Yeah, I'm fine and I almost had it that time." Said Luis.

~ time goes by while Tibbles introduced the other players ~

Tibbles and Coach Bombay went to the side to discuss the problem about the new team. The new team came to the ducks.
"Fulton might have a problem with the tall one" said Goldberg.
"Hey, who does this guy think he is?!" Said Fulton
(Y/n) whispered to Connie. "Hey, Dean the tall one with the black jersey is kinda cute." (Y/n) said quietly while she slowly blushes. Her and Connie quietly giggled.
Both teams started arguing towards one another, when suddenly the whistle blew.
"EVERYBODY FREEZE" the coach said
"We didn't come here to fight! We came here to play hockey! We're team U.S.A. You represent your country" Yelled Coach Bombay
"I want  you to be.." before Coach Bombay could finish he was cut off by Mr. Tibbles
"To be all you can be. You got to raise yourself up guys.." he said then turned to coach Bombay. He lifted his hands up.
The team laughed softly.
"Alright now lets start with a scrimmage" Bombay said
"Right! Scrimmage!" Tibbles said while he blew the whistle. Bombay looked at him again.
"Pfft, you don't need me here. I have an appointment anyways. I have to meet Ms. Mackay she's the team tutor." Tibbles said while he began to walk off.
"Don." Coach said while he had his hand out. Mr. Tibbles took off the whistle as placed it in Bombay's hand.
"You'll get it back at the end of the school term." Bombay said jokingly. The team quietly laughed. You looked at Dean and noticed he was smiling when your dad said the joke.
"Alright ducks, show them what you got. Scrimmage." Bombay said while blowing the whistle again.

~ after the scrimmage Fulton shot a puck and accidentally hit Mr. Tibbles in the forehead ~

Bombay put something small and white up to his nose. He slowly started to wake up.
"Mr. Tibbles are you alright?" Asked the lady
"Uh, I take a cheeseburger , fries  and uh.. a chocolate shake please." He said
"I think he'll be okay." Said the lady with a smile.
"Oh I'm sorry he didn't have a chance to introduce me. I'm miss Machelle Mackay their tutor." She said while looked at Bombay.
"Hi, I'm coach Bombay, their coach." He said while slightly laughing.
"Who said we need a tutor?" Adam said annoyed
The team agreed.
"I don't need no school" Dean said.
"That grammar says otherwise" (Y/n) said while she laughed quietly again and turned around. Once you turned back around. You and Dean made eye contact. You began to blush and look down.
"Now Ms. Mackay, we're America's team here, shouldn't we be concentrating on hockey? May I suggest.. optional attendance? Said Goldberg with his arm around her. The team began to agree with what Goldberg had stated.
"Well that's not a bad idea." She said
"Call me Goldberg" he says
"Goldberg! Yes, school will be optional." She said. The team began to cheer. Mackay interrupted their celebration.
"However! however, you should not attend. You will not be eligible to play."
The team began to whine about the situation but got over it quickly.