~ Chapter 12 ~

Live from the arrowhead pond in Anaheim, California, it's team U.S.A. Versus Iceland the hockey finals of the junior goodwill games.

The team was getting ready for the game when Adam walks in.
"Coach, I woke up... and the pain was gone." He said while turning his wrist around in a circle. The team began cheering and clapping.
"I'm sorry Adam, we already have a full roster." Coach said. Everyone began to look at Russ. He began to take off the jersey as Charlie stopped him.
"He can have my spot." Said Charlie
He sighed.
"It's what I can do for the team. Let me do it." Charlie said. Adam put his hand on his shoulder and whispered thank you.
"Charlie, I need you on the bench, coaching right there with me." Coach said
The team began cheering and clapping.

~ time skip ~

We began heading to the rink when I suddenly got pulled to the side by Dean.
"Baby, I love you. Do your best." He said. He kissed your forehead and lips.
"I love you too, babe. Do your best, "bash babe"." You said mimicking him.
"Hey that's mine." He said
"I know." You say walking away
You head onto the ice. The arena is cheering and clapping.

Now the two teams gather together at their respected benches. In their last meeting, Iceland crushed team U.S.A., 12 to one.

"Heads high! Stand tall! Fly straight! U.S.A.!" Bombay said
"ALL THE WAY!" Said the team.

We're ready for the opening face-off in tonight's championship game. Team U.S.A. Against Iceland. Lester Averman will move in to take the draw for team U.S.A. And off the face off, Averman gets knocked down. Iceland physically dominated the first game between these two teams, and they'll try to do it again tonight. Guy Germaine get checker down in the corner. Behind the net, Goldberg cuts it off for U.S.A. Here comes Dean Portman. He's hit hard into the glass by Gunner Stahl. Iceland out to dominate this game early. Puck is still in the U.S.A. Zone. There's a shot from the blue line. Stick save by Goldberg. Good save. Held in by Iceland. Goldberg looks like he got tripped in front of the net. Iceland still with it. Back behind the net. Here's a wraparound by Sanderson. He scores! Iceland gets an early one- to- nothing lead.

"It's all right. We'll get that one back." Coach said
"LINE CHANGE!" Coach said
"Guy, Jesse, Russ, (y/n). You ready? Get out there." Coach said
"Be careful (y/n) their gunning for you, Connie, and Julie." Charlie said
" Don't worry I'm strong I'll knock at least one down." You say
Two Iceland players go for Russ and you go to help him. You knock one down while Russ knocks the other one down.
"Thanks, Bombay." He said
"Anytime." You say
You go for the puck and pass it to Russ as he was calling it.
"Oh yeah, it's knuckle puck time." Russ says
As he began to whine up about to hit it, an Iceland player steals the puck.
"As, man, I messed up." He said
"You good, man." You say while helping him up.

Iceland with a one-nothing lead. Throwing everything they have at U.S.A.

You go after the puck, but a Iceland player knocks you down. You look over at Dean and he looks furious. You get up quickly and go to him.
"Hey, man whats your problem?!" You say loudly while shoving him down.
The ref comes and puts you in the box for intent injury.

Deans POV

I saw the Iceland player knock (y/n) down. I could tell she looked over at me. When she knocked him down, I got a bit calmer and was proud of my little princess, but the ref put her in the box for 2 minutes.

(Y/n) POV

The two minutes was up and I got out of there. I quickly skated to the Iceland player who had the puck and took it away before they shot. I passed it to Adam and got knocked down again. I got switched with Connie. I sat on the bench next to Dean.
"Hey, you did good out there." He said with a cute smile on his face.
"Eh, I could've done better. It was good tho." I said