~ Chapter 10 ~

The team got the day off from practice but had a game that same day. They got time to rest.
Later Dean gathered up the team and came onto a field. He began counting as we did some conditioning.
"And hold, two, three—" Dean said before getting cut off
"Coach isn't here. Why do we have to be?" Said Connie
"We have a game tonight. We have to work out." Dean said he switched to the other leg.
"I say Mutiny. Who's with me?" Said Goldberg
"Goldberg, I'm too tired to mutiny." Dwayne said
"Come on, guys, it's not like we couldn't use the conditioning." Julie said
"Yeah, honestly. We get to tired to fast." You say
"Speak for yourself, babe." Dean said
"Her name is (y/n), not "babe"." Adam said getting up and walking to Dean
"Don't tell me how to talk, rich boy!" Dean said with an angry tone in his voice while pushing Adam. Adam came running up, but the team got in between them.
"Hey, Portman, Chill." Said Fulton
"Hey, you want a piece of this?" Dean said while the rest of the team was trying to pull them apart. Everyone was yelling on top of one another.
"Aye, team U.S.A., what are you gonna do today a million jumping jacks?" An unknown voice said while the team turned around.
"This kid's crazier than me. Forget about him. Look, Fulton!" Dean said
"Hey, chill out!" You say. Jesse made his way in between us and got in front.
"Hey, man m, I'm gettin' sick of you!"said Jesse
"And I'm gettin' sick of seeing the U.S.A. represented by a bunch of whining babies." Said the unknown boy
"Too bad you can't back up the mouth." Jesse said
"Me and my boys can take you anytime, anywhere." He said again
"I don't see no "boys"." Jesse said
"I got 'em waitin'. Grab your gear and let's play some schoolyard puck, or maybe you forgot what it's like to play for real pride." He said. The team got there stuff and headed with him.

~ time skip ~

The two teams lined up against each other.
"My little brother Russ here has been telling me that you have been chokin' big time." Said the boys older brother.
"Well your brothers got a big mouth." Jesse said with no hesitation. The team looked at each other with a scared face. Eyes wide open and lips tucked in their mouth.
"He does, doesn't he?" Said the boys older brother. Russ smiled and looked at us. The team was relieved.
"Anyways, we thought we'd call you all to see what you got." They said
"We know you can talk to the press and sign autographs." Russ said.
"We can do more than that." Luis said
"Yeah? We can teach you to play like the real team U.S.A." Said his older brother
"What would you know about it." Dean said.
Russ's older brother looked at his team and smiled.
We started playing and his older brother knocked Dean into the fence.
"You gotta earn every inch!" He said to Dean
We started playing. I get the puck and head to the goal. I go to fast, put the puck in, and run into the fence.
"Hey, hey, hey. You the brakes, baby" a Hispanic boy said jokingly while helping me up.
"Thanks." I said
I go to the bench and sit down while someone took my spot. We kept making goals until Russ shot the puck and made it in.
"What the heck kind of shot was that?" Fulton asked
"Ahh, you like that. Eh. It's a knuckle puck. Hard to be accurate but it drives goalies crazy." Russ said to Dean. We continue to play for a little while longer and then we got on the bus to go the rink.

~ time skip ~

We wait for coach Bombay when the red comes up to us and asked where the coach was.
"There has to be a coach, behind the bench to play. If you don't have a coach you forfeit the game." He says
"But you can't do that." Said Adam
"We have one. MISS MACKAY!" Said Charlie.
He skated over to her. I pulled Dean to the side.
"Do your best. I love you." I said
"You too. I love you more, princess." Dean said
We walked back over to the team, with Averman smiling and looking at us.
"Here she is, our coach; coach Mackay." Said Charlie. The team smiled and they agreed
"What are you waitin' for the ice to freeze? Let's play!" She said. The team cheered. The game began.

Face off at center ice. Germany wins the draw. Comes across the U.S.A. Blue line. Germany on the right wing side. Down to but allays Stabias. He shoots! And a safe by Goldberg. Great save by Goldberg. As Germany is really throwing their weight around.

"Oh! We look tired. We need to, uh... trade places." MacKay said
"What?" Charlie asked while me and Averman looked at each other with a confused face.
"New players." MacKay said
"Oh, Say change it up." I said
"Change it up." MacKay said
"Scream it!" I said
"CHANGE IT UP!" MacKay said as we got ready.
We got on the ice. When suddenly we heard a duck call. The team all turned to see my dad blowing it.
"Look who finally shows up." Fulton said.
"Just ignore him." I said
"Averman, take the face-off." Said Jesse.
"All right." He said
He started to blow it once again. We turned to him.
"Come on, what do we have to lose?" Said Guy
"Respect. He'll dump us the minute it's all over." Said Fulton
You look at your dad and you both make eye contact. You began to skate to him with the team following you.
"Come on in! Let's go, come on!" Said coach
He looked at MacKay and kissed her cheek while saying "thanks".
"Team. (Y/n). Guys. I was wrong. And I'm sorry. I forgot about the team. And the team is all I have. All I want.. is another chance. Just one more shot. I'm back. Okay?" He said
You look down. He put his hand on your shoulder.
"Believe me." He said.
We got on the ice and began playing again.

Hall joined by his teammates behind the team U.S.A. Net in the third period. They start back out and they form a "V".  I've heard of this before but I've never seen it. It's the flying "V" led by Jesse Hall. Hall up to center ice. Hall with it towards the Germany blue line. Hall— shot by Averman. HE SCORES!

The team began to congratulate each other. and the game was over.