~ Chapter 4 ~

The following day, we had a meeting with Mr. Tibbles. He pulled down a big price of cloth and under was a cardboard cut out of a Wheaties box.
"Ta, Da" Tibbles said
The team was flabbergasted by the box which had the team on the front of it.
"Hey, y'all that's us!" Dwayne said with a smile.
"Duh,, what'd you know?" Fulton said sarcastically
Tibbles clears his throat and began talking once again.
"Today, it's a wheaties box. Tomorrow, it's video games, action figures, lunch boxes. The sky is the limit. Now, just to make sure that everybody  it's who you are, try on one of these." He said as he holds up a U.S.A Jersey with Hendrix written on the sleeves. The team was impressed with the new jerseys they were getting.
"Brought to you by those wonderful people at Hendrix for all your hockey needs. Fulton, there you go. Coach. Come on everybody take your own. I'm not gonna give 'em out to everybody." He says again. The team got up out of there seats to go get their jerseys. I drank the rest of my juice. Once I began to stand up, Dean had his hand out with my jersey.
"Here, you go." He said to me
"Thanks Dean" you said with a big smile on your face.
"Wow, it's so new." You say.
"We obviously it's new, we just got it out of the box." Dean said while he pulled the chair out from next to you and sat down.  You guys began to talk until everyone headed outside in there new outfits.
"Ancient Greece was the beginning of western civilization. See, in Greece, they didn't have professional sports or wheaties boxes. So the athletes competed for another reason. Anybody?" Ms. Mackey says
"Falafels?" Goldberg said
The team began to chuckle and groan.
"You wish, Goldberg" Connie said.
Charlie raised his hand waiting to get called.
"Charlie?" Ms. Mackey said
"Pride" Charlie answered
"That's right. The various city-states waved their flags and wore their home colors proudly." She said with a smile.
"Did America always dominate?" Asked Fulton
The team began to chuckle at him.
"Hey, that's a good question." Dean said defending his question.
"No. America wasn't around back then." Said Mackay
"It's okay." Charlie said while patting his shoulder.
"Don't forget that compared to other countries, America is still young, still forming its own identity. American is a teenager just like you." She continued to say.
"Like us?" You say
"You bet. A little awkward at times." She said.
"Yep, just like you." Dean whispered to you
You push him slightly with a smile.
"But always right there on the verge of greatness." She continued to say.
"Nope, never mind" Dean said jokingly to you. You both smile at each other.

~ time skip ~

You and the team began to skate behind your dad who's in a cart.
🎶 I don't know but I been told🎶
your dad says
🎶I don't know but I been told🎶
you and the team say repeating him
🎶team U.S.A.'s gonna win the gold🎶
he says again
🎶team U.S.A.'s gonna win the gold🎶
you guys say again.
🎶listen up and listen good🎶
He says
🎶listen up and listen good🎶
The team repeats
🎶Were all headed for Hollywood🎶
He says
🎶Were all headed for Hollywood🎶
The team says
🎶Sound off🎶

🎶One, Two🎶

🎶sound off🎶

🎶three, four🎶

🎶bring 'em on down🎶

🎶One, Two, Three, Four🎶