~ Chapter 3 ~

~ The next day at practice ~
I don't know what my dad was thinking but he tied us all together.
"Somebody better watch there hands" Connie said. Suddenly the team smelt something. They all, excluding me all made a face.
"Goldberg!" The whole team said
"It wasn't me" Goldberg responded with
"No, it was me!" Portman said while lift up his hands proudly. You and Dean laughed slightly. The team began to make faces and get disgusted.
"Thank you" Goldberg said while having a slight smirk on his face. A whistle blows me your dad says "I don't know how to make this any clearer. You are a team and to win this thing, you have to work as one. Now as one, skate."
The team all skate in their own directions cause everyone to fall on top of Luis.
"Everyone goes their own way, everyone falls down. Now get up and try it again." Your dad continues to say.
When you try to get up you look to see who you landed on.
*Of course it had to be Dean.* you think to yourself. "Thanks for breaking my fall, Portman." You say with a smile.
"Anytime, Bombay" he says sarcastically.
The team got up and tried it again.
"All right, all of you move to your right. Now." Dean said with a bossy tone in his voice.
"Who made you boss? Everyone to the left." Fulton said responding back to Dean.
"Yeah, left guys. Come on." Averman and Guy said.
Half of the team went to the left,  and half of the team went right causing all of us to fall on top of one another. But this time I landed on my best friend and thankfully no one landed on me.
"Thanks Averman." You say
"What for, (Y/n)?" He asks
"For breaking my fall, duh." You say jokingly
"You guys can argue all you want, but I'm not untying you until you move as one." Coach said
Everyone got up again, and tried once more.
The third time everyone went in one direction.
"Now you're learning! Communication! That's it! Good! Together! Move together! Charge! All right! Right turn! Turn right." Coach Bombay said while clapping and making hand signals on the directions we had to go in. We continued to move while our coach inspired us.
"You guys are startin' to look like hockey players. I'm proud of ya, team. You worked hard today." Coach said while picking up the rope he used to tie us together.
"But hockey should also be fun." He said
"RANCHER DWAYNE." He exclaimed
"YES, SIR!" Dwayne responded with.
"Round me up some steaks cattle there." Coach said while handing him the rope. "Uh, oh." Some one said. Dwayne looked at the team.
"MY PLEASURE!" He said excited.
"WOAH!" Everybody said.
We all skated away as fast as we could so he wouldn't catch us. He went towards Averman first and got him out of the game. Next, he got Charlie. Then, Julie, and the rest of the team soon after. I got behind Dean and Dwayne got him instead of me. Dean looked at me with a shocked face.
"Wow! You owe me." He said while laughing.
Soon after, we lined up into three lines and Dwayne began to teach a simple dance. I looked at Averman. He was doing something completely different. One hand above is head as if he had a lasso, and the other out in front of him. Which made me bust out in laughter.
"Averman, you dork." I said jokingly. Averman made a silly face after that.
So, later practice was over. Connie, Guy, Averman, Fulton, Charlie, and I went to the diner after practice. We had some milkshakes and jokes around a bit till we all went home. Charlie walked me home because he knew about John and wanted to make sure I got home safe.
"Bye Charlie. I'll see you tomorrow!" You say with a smile.
"Bye (y/n). Tell your coach I said good night." He said with a smile.
"Okay, good night Charlie." You say with a smile while you headed inside.