Funeral

Elena's POV

I stand in front of a mirror brushing my dark hair. Today is Fili and Thorin's funeral. Then in a couple of weeks Kili will be crowned King of Erebor. I'm wearing a black dress with a gold ribbon around my waist. I'm wearing a necklace. It's the only thing I have of my mother. Someone knocks on the door. I put the brush down.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Beorn" he answers.

"Come in" I say as I stand up straightening my skirt. He enters the room.

"You look lovely" he tells me.

"Thank you, are the others ready?" I ask him. He nods his head. "Then lets not keep them waiting" I tell him. We link arms and leave the room. We head to the tomb of Durin. Where the kings of Erebor are put to rest. Thorin is holding the Akrenstone on his chest. While Fili holds his sword. Both are in their best clothes.

A dwarf maiden stands between them with Kili. Beorn and I go stand by Bilbo, Gandalf and Tauriel. "Thorin and Fili were more then leaders, warriors. They were brother, son and family. We will all miss them. I know Thorin will watch over my son. I pray they have found peace together" she says. The dwarves then begin to sing a lament to Thorin.

"Thorin! King Under The Mountain
Alas no more shall rule this domain
We brethren must go on without him
And ensure his death was not in vain

In sleep eternal he will rest
With the Arkenstone upon his breast
Which evermore shall emit its light
To banish the darkness of unending night

And on his tomb is Orcrist laid
An Elven blade forged in Elder Days
To warn of foes and roving orcs
And ward off all evil from

How shall we remember our fallen friend
Who conquered Dragon Sickness in the end?
A warrior, leader, a proud flawed king?
A worthy descendant of mighty Durin!" they song. I notice Bilbo slip away with Balin and Gandalf.

"I'll be back" I tell Beorn. He nods his head. I follow the other three outside.

"There is to be a great feast tonight. Songs will be sung, tales will be told, and Thorin Oakenshield will pass into legend with Fili" Balin tells Bilbo.

"I know that's how you must honor him, but to me, he was never that. He was...to me...he was..." Bilbo chokes out. "Well, I think I'll slip quietly away, will you tell the others I said goodbye?" he asks Balin.

"You can tell them yourself" Balin tells him. I notice the rest of the company has joined us. Along with Tauriel and Beorn.

"If any of you are ever passing Bag-End, uh...tea is at four. There's plenty of it, you are welcome any time" Bilbo tells us. "Uh...don't bother knocking" he adds. The dwarves laugh softly.

"Do you need a guide?" I ask him.

"Nah I'll be ok, Gandalf is going with me" he tells me. "Thank you for all you've done for me on this journey Elena. I hope you and Beorn have a wonderful life together" he states. Beorn wraps his strong arms around me and I lean into his chest. "You will take care of her?" he asks him.

"Of course, it was an honour to meet you Mr Baggins. You and the rest of the company are welcome at our home anytime" Beorn tells them.

"We'll be sure to stay in contact" Kili assures us.

"I'll be sure to bring my wife and son for a visit" Gloin states.

"I look forward to meeting them" I tell him. "You take care of Kili" I tell Tauriel.

"Always" she says as she holds his hand.

"Take care of each other" I tell the others. They agree to do so. "Farewell for now my friends" I add. Beorn and I mount a huge horse, me in his lap. Bilbo mounts a pony as Gandalf mounts his horse. We set off for Dale. We find Bard and his family. Saying goodbye to them before leaving for Beorn and my home.

When we arrive. Bilbo and Gandalf join us for dinner. Then spend the night.

A/N

Picture above of Elena's dress and gif on the external link of the funeral.

Elena: Are you sure you'll be ok?

Bilbo: Yes, Gandalf is taking me back

Gandalf: I'll ensure his safe return to the Shire

Elena: Ok, I promise to write and visit

Bilbo: You both are welcome anytime. Take care of her

Beorn: I will take very good care of her *wraps his arms around Elena*

Elena: Thank you for bringing me on this quest Gandalf. I hope you don't be a stranger

Gandalf: Of course not, farewell *leaves with Bilbo*

Beorn: Ready to go?

Elena: Yes *leaves with Beorn*

Author: Well that's the end, only the Epilogue left. See you all soon