LakeTown

Elena's POV

"Bilbo, you can use my barrel. I'll swim along side the barge" I tell him as the others climb into their barrels. We're approaching Laketown and just paid Bard. He's told us to hid in the barrels.

I cover myself in a tarp and strip before shifting into my cat form. I leave my clothes hidden under the tarp abd crawl out stretching. "You sure you can swim? The water is cold and the currents unpredictable at times" Bard tells me.

I nod my head and jump into the water. We dock somewhere and Bard has the barrels filled with fish. Glad I'm not in them. I hear the dwarves grumble until Bard tells them to be quiet as we approach the toll gate.

"Halt! Goods inspection. Papers, please. Oh, it’s you, Bard" the gate keeper says. I'm hidden on the otherside of the boat. It helps that it's well eary morning, the sun hasn't risen yet.

"Morning, Percy" Bard says.

"Anything to declare?" Percy asks him.

"Nothing, but that I am cold and tired, and ready for home" Bard tells him. Percy agrees with and takes some papers from Bard to stamp. Percy soon returns saying everything is in order and goes to open the gate.

"Not so fast!" a guy exclaims appearing with a few guards from thw shadows. He takes the papers from Percy.  "Consignment of empty barrels from the Woodland Realm. Only, they’re not empty, are they, Bard?" he asks.

"Oh come on, Alfrid have a heart. People need to eat" Bard tells the man. Whi ignores him and orders the guards to throw the fish into the water. "Folk in this town are struggling. Times are hard. Food is scarce" he states.

"That's not my problem" Alfrid tells him.

"And when the people hear the Master is dumping fish back in the lake, when the rioting starts, will it be your problem then?" Bard asks him.

Alfrid orders his men to stop and open the gate. Bard rows his barge through as I swim beside it. He soon docks and I climb back onto the barge. I shake the water from my coat as the others get out of the barrels.

A kid approaches us telling Bard thwir house is being watched. So this must be his son. It was decided the others would go by river and enter the house through the toilet. Which I found hilarious.

I chose to take the roofs and enter by thw chimney. Bard is carrying my clothes in a bag as I follow him and his soon. We arrive hus soon Bain enters the house first. Bard enters, he tosses an apple to one of the fisherman.

"You can tell the Master that I’m done for the day" he states and enters the house. I go down the chimney accidentally scaring one of his daughters. "It's ok Sigrid, this is Elena she's a skin changer. Please show her to yours and Tilda's room so that she may change" Bard says handing her the bag.

Sigrid leads me upstairs to her room and leaves me to change. Once I was dobe I go back to the other room and hear Tilda ask "Will they bring us luck?" As thr dwarves come out of the toilet.

"Don't say a word Elena" Dwalin growls.

"I wasn't gonna say anything" I tell him smiling asbthe girls hand out blankets. "Thank you" I say as I accept a blanket. I sit by the fire with Bilbo.

The dwarces also took turns changing into dry clothes. Thorin looks at a large crossbow in shock. "A Dwarvish Wind-Lance" he says.

"You look like you’ve seen a ghost" Bilbo says and I nod my head in agreement.

"He has. The last time we saw such a weapon, a city was on fire. It was the day the dragon came" Balin tells us. "The day that Smaug destroyed Dale. Girion, the Lord of the city, rallied his bowman to fire upon the beast. But a dragon’s hide is tough, tougher than the strongest armor. Only a black arrow, fired from a wind-lance, could have pierced the dragon’s hide, and few of those arrows were ever made" he explains.

"Had the aim of Men been true that day, much would have been different" Thorin states. True the dwarves would of never lost their home. Bilbo and I would of never meet each other or the dwarves. I would of never been on this journey and meet Beron. In a way I'm happy for what happened, but it's also sad that the dwarves had to lose their home. But we'll get it back soon.

"You speak as if you were there" Bard says.

"All dwarves know the tale " Thorin states. That maybe true, but he was there that day. Along with Balin and Dwalin.

"Then you would know that Girion hit the dragon. He loosened a scale under the left wing. One more shot and he would have killed the beast" Bain states.

"That’s a fairy story, lad. Nothing more" Dwalin says with a laugh. Thorin heads over to Bard.

"You took our money. Where are the weapons?" Thorin demands. Bard leaves and soon returns placing hand made weapons on the table. The dwarves weren't impressed. Bard left us saying we couldn't leave until nightfall. Which was fine for me as I wanted to sleep. But it wasn't fine with the dwarves they wanted to get propwr weapons and leave immediately.

A/N

Elena: are you sure you want to do this Thorin?

Thorin: yes, you with us?

Elena: the author would make me go anyway.  So when do we leave?

Thorin: now

Bain: no, you can't leave. Da said you were to remain here until he returns

Dwalin: don't try to sto us kid, you won't win *pushes Bain away from the door and they all leave*

Author: see you all next time when the company splits in two