004

nova — peter parker

chapter four: the battle of sokovia

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"The genetic coding tower is at 97 percent."

     Bruce pressed different varieties of keys and buttons on the machine that was uploading J.A.R.V.I.S. into Ultron's creation as Tony did the same behind him.

     "You have got to upload that schematic in the next three minutes," Bruce walked over to the box containing the robotic body.

     Footsteps were heard, causing the two geniuses to stop in their tracks and look up. Steve Rogers entered the lab with a barely conscious Arabella and her siblings.

     "I'm gonna say this once."

     "How about 'none-ce'?" sassed Tony.

     "Shut it down!"

     "Nope, not gonna happen."

     "You don't know what you're doing."

     "And you do?" Bruce jumped in on the conversation, stating a valid point. "She's not in your head? And, how come you were all buddy-buddy with little Galaxy over there?" he pointed to Arabella, who raised her eyebrows, unamused at the nickname.

     "I know you're angry," Wanda soothed, slightly moving forward.

     "Oh, we're way past that," said Bruce with an expression that did not match his tone whatsoever. "I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

     "Banner, after everything that's happened . . ." Steve trailed off.

     "It's nothing compared to what's coming!" yelled Tony.

     "You don't know what's in there," Arabella said.

     "This isn't a game!"

     Pietro suddenly sped around the room, unplugging the tube from the machine holding the robot. Loose papers filled with experimentation notes scampered around the room like mice.

     "No, no, Go on," smirked Pietro as the appliance powered down. "You were saying?"

     A gunshot abruptly struck through the glass floor the Enhanced was stepping on, shattering the glass from underneath and sending Pietro toppling to the floor below. 

     "Pietro!" Wanda and Arabella worriedly exclaimed simultaneously.

     "I'm rerouting the upload," Tony turned back to one of the many computers.

     Steve threw his shield at the device, it ricocheting off the walls. Tony assembled his Iron Man glove and fired a repulser at Steve, who was thrown backward. The chest plate of Tony's suit constructed itself as Bruce held a gasping Wanda in a chokehold.