5 - Friends and Enemies

TW - swearing, physical abuse, mentions of physical abuse

TUBBO POV -

The tall blonde left with his roommate and the tall boy next to me let out a relieved sigh. I glanced at him, properly taking in his half black and half white hair and the two different colours of his eyes. If you asked me, it was cool.

"Hello," I said, not looking directly at him. The boy seemed surprised,
"Hi," He responded, giving me a small smile. I was about to introduce myself and try and become his friend when he was called into the principals office.
"Ranboo?"

He stood up and I was shocked at how tall he was, I mean it had been obvious that he was tall when I'd first seen him but now he was standing it was super intimidating. He gave me a small smile which I returned before walking into the office.

Now I was alone.

🐝Time Skip🐝

"Okay so just ignore what everyone says, cause I'm literally not toxic," My roommate, Purpled, was showing me around campus. He seemed nice, a little bit rude but nice all the same. I decided I'd do my best to get along with him seeing as I definitely didn't want to spend my whole time at this school with no friends.

Purpled lead me to the cafeteria, telling me about his friends Ponk and Punz. I followed, trying to take in all the information. I was also nervously looking around for a guy that I used to be friends with, well more like his parent's were friends with mine and we were forced to hang out and he was really fucking mean to me.

I sat down at Purpled's table and greeted the two other people there, a blond guy with a white hoodie and a gold chain around his neck and a guy with a red, yellow and black mask on. They both were very nice but I wasn't really paying attention because I could feel someone's eyes on my back.

Then I heard his voice.

"Tubbo! How've you been loser?!" I gritted my teeth and turned to face the tall guy in front of me. He was wearing his signature suit and he'd grown out sideburns.
"Hello Schlatt," I whispered, fighting the urge to cry. Purpled, Punz and Ponk all looked terrified, they all seemed to have some unspoken agreement to cluster together, as far away from Schlatt as possible.

Schlatt gave me a crooked grin.
"Now Tubbo, it's perfect that you're here actually!" He patted my back a little too harshly and winced.
"And why's that?" I asked, trying to ignore the fact that cafeteria had gone silent and everyone was staring at me and JSchlatt.

"This school is holding elections for student body president soon and I'm in need of a Secretary of State! And I think you, Tubbo would be perfect for the job," He paused and turned to look at a table where four people were clustered together, whispering. One of them had fluffy brown hair and a colour block hoodie, two of them were holding hands, a brunette in a blue hoodie and a blond in a green hoodie. The final guy was wearing a beanie over his raven hair, it had the letters 'LAFD' embroidered on the front and he was wearing a navy blue adidas jacket.

"Q! C'mere!" Schlatt yelled, making the four people jump in surprise. The boy with the beanie looked up at us and I noticed a large bruise on his left eye. He shakily stood up and made his way over to us. When he reached us, Schlatt put his arm around the guy who just looked hopeless.

"Quackity, this is Tubbo, my new Secretary of State! Tubbo this is my boyfriend and Vice President, Quackity," Schlatt gave Quackity a 'playful' punch on his shoulder which looked like it hurt.

I gave Quackity a weak smile and held out my hand.
"Nice to meet you," I said, Quackity looked slightly touched that I hadn't just dismissed him. I was about to ask him if he was okay when a loud voice rang across the cafeteria.

"J-fucking-Schlatt! You cannot run for president! That's my fucking office!" A tall guy with brown hair and a red beanie came storming over, followed by the blond guy from the plane, I think his name was Tommy. Schlatt's voice broke into a cruel grin.
"Wilbur! What's wrong?" He feigned innocence.

Quackity looked extremely uncomfortable and I noticed that his three friends were all watching carefully, their faces full of worry.
"Um...Quackity, maybe could you explain to me about your campaign whilst Schlatt talks to this Wilbur guy?" I stuttered, trying to think of a way to help Quackity. He gave me a grateful smile and surprisingly Schlatt nodded.

"Good idea Tubbo! Q, go and tell Tubbo about our campaign. Now," Schlatt cried, shoving Quackity so hard that he tripped onto the floor. I hurried to help him to his feet and we speed walked out of the cafeteria as Schlatt and Wilbur started yelling.

We ended up in one of the school's bathrooms. Once we were sure that we were alone, Quackity sighed and leaned against the sink.
"Are you okay Big Q?" I asked, the nickname just sorta slipped out but Quackity grinned when I said it.
"Yeah, thanks for getting me outta there Turbo," He replied, making me laugh.

We didn't actually talk about the campaign. I know, what a big surprise. Instead I asked Quackity if he was okay and even though at first he tried to tell me he was fine, he eventually decided that maybe he did need to talk to someone about it.

He told me about how when he and Schlatt had first started dating, everything had been amazing and he'd been happy but then Schlatt had started drinking excessively and clashing with Wilbur. And with that came the abuse. According to Quackity, it had started off small at first, just like a one time punch that had just hit harder than intended but more recently it happened a lot and on purpose.

I gave Big Q a hug and reassured him that I was going to try my best to help him.

But to do that I needed to get out of Schlatt's campaign. Which was definitely going to be hard.

What was I going to do?

Word count - 1060

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!