21 - Consequences and Words

TW - swearing, blood, gunshot,

TUBBO POV -

We ran like our lives depended on it, my hand held tightly onto Ranboo's as we fled the scene. We were surrounded by the other kids who where leaving Schlatt behind. Karl, George, Dream and Quackity stood a few meters ahead of us, trying to catch their breath.

I stopped running and Ranboo followed suit, bending down, his hands on his knees, breathing heavily.

That's when we heard the gunshot.

My head snapped up. At the same moment Ranboo and I started sprinting back towards the room that we'd just escaped. The others were climbing up a metal ladder and running away into the forest, none of them even noticed our absence. Schlatt ran past us and Ranboo stuck out his leg, tripping Schlatt and making him fall onto the floor.

"L!" I yelled as we passed, flipping him off. Ranboo let out a strangled laugh beside me.

We reached the room and noticed Tommy and Wilbur kneeling over a body on the floor. I sprinted over, Techno lay on the ground, blood staining all of his clothes.

What the fuck happened?!

"Move,"

I whipped around to see who had spoken but Ranboo was the only one there. Tommy also looked confused.
"Move," I suddenly realised that it was Ranboo. He spoke! He said a word!

I quickly ducked out of his way, still shocked. Tommy and Wilbur also moved. Ranboo walked forward and leaned over Technoblade, examining his wound. After a moment he picked him up off the floor and began to carry him away. Tommy, Wilbur and I all exchanged confused glances before following them out of the room. As we left, I noticed two music discs lying on the floor, I recognised them as Tommy's discs. I quickly turned back and grabbed them, knowing Tommy would want them back.

Ranboo didn't say another word as he carried Techno into school grounds and towards the nurses office. When we arrived it was locked, which was pretty normal considering that it was the middle of the fucking night. Ranboo tapped the lock quickly, trying not to drop Techno on the floor. Wilbur seemed to understand because he said,
"I think Niki left some of her hairpins in my locker, I'll be back,"

Wilbur sprinted away, leaving Tommy, Ranboo and I alone with a half dead Technoblade.
"You think he's dead?" I asked, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt, Tommy just shrugged his shoulder and stared at the ground. Techno stirred suddenly and weakly opened one eye,
"Not even close baby...Technoblade never dies," He whispered before closing his eye again. Tommy chuckled, a spark of hope flickering in his eyes.

After a few minutes of silence, Wilbur returned, holding a hairpin in his hands.
"Does anyone know how to pick a lock?" He asked, offering it to the group.
"Me," I took the pin from his hand and began picking the lock on the Nurse's door.
"How the fuck do you know how to pick a lock?" Tommy asked, leaning over my shoulder.
"They don't exactly leave nuke making shit out in the open, there's always some sort of lock," I muttered, smiling as the lock let out a satisfying click!

The door swung open and we all stepped inside, staring around. Ranboo immediately lay Techno down on the bed and began darting around the room, grabbing different tools. I watched in awe as he expertly cleaned the wound, which I now saw was in Techno's shoulder, and began to extract the bullet.

"Holy shit, how does he know how to do that?" Wilbur asked, staring at Ranboo who was completely focused on saving Techno. I smiled softly, remembering one of Ranboo's early letters that he'd written to Tommy and I,
"He went through a massive phase of wanted to become a doctor for wars. So he just learnt a shit ton of stuff about bullet injuries and how to treat them," I said matter of factly, giving Ranboo a proud look. Wilbur chuckled and nodded, clearly impressed.

For the next hour, we sat in silence, watching as Ranboo retrieved the bullet, cleaned the wound again and began to bandage it. I held tightly onto Tommy's hand, reassuring him. I knew that Techno meant a lot to him, even if he had been a shitty brother.

By the time Ranboo was finished patching him up, Techno had regained consciousness. He sat up slowly, being careful of his arm and looked around.
"What happened?" He asked, clearly confused. Tommy laughed loudly and began to explain. As he did, I stood up and drifted over to Ranboo who was washing his hands.
"You wanna get out of here?" I asked, holding out my hand. Ranboo nodded gratefully and took it.

"We're gonna go and try get some sleep, say bye to Tommy for us," I whispered to a half asleep Wilbur as we passed. He nodded, rubbing his bleary eyes.

Ranboo and I arrived back at the dorm, Purpled and Jack were already asleep, completely unaware of the events that had occured in the secret bunker in the forest. Ranboo pulled me into his room, giving me a look that told me that he didn't want to be alone.

I flopped down on the spare bed in his room, I could already feel sleep washing over my. I was about to drift off when I felt a soft tug on my sleeve. I opened my eyes and saw that Ranboo was holding out a spare pair of my pyjamas.
"Thanks dude," I said, walking into the tiny bathroom to put them on. When I walked back into the room, Ranboo was sat cross legged on his bed, fiddling with his fingers.

"Hey, I'm proud of you," I said, going to sit next to him. He looked up, a quizzical expression crossing his face. "You talked. Sure it was only one word but you still did it! And I'm not gonna pressure you to talk again anytime soon. I just want you to know that if you ever want someone to talk to, I'm here. You can even just write me a letter, like old times," I smiled and pulled him into a warm hug.

After we pulled apart, Ranboo ruffled my hair affectionately,
"Love you Tubbo," He mumbled happily, hugging me again as I smiled wider.
"I love you too Ranboo, you're my best friend, you and Tommy. And to think, our friendship started with a couple of lonely kids writing letters," We both laughed softly.

I knew as long as we stuck together, me, Tommy and Ranboo, if we stuck together then everything would be okay.

Word count - 1109

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

I'm going to end this story soon. I have three more chapters planned out, nothing huge will happen it's more just a happy ending and chapter about their future. :)

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!