23 - Moving On and Growing Up

TW - swearing

RANBOO POV -

Moving on was hard. Harder than I thought it'd be. Everyone at the school was absolutely terrified of Schlatt so no one stood up to him or called him out. Techno also terrified everyone so the fact that he and Schlatt were close friends meant that they basically ruled the whole entire school.

I didn't talk much at all. I was only myself around Tubbo and Tommy. I was still known as 'The Serial Killer Kid' to the whole school. The only person who didn't see me as that was the new kid. After about three months a new student joined our school, I only really had a few conversations with him. His name was Sapnap. He and Karl had a love at first sight moment but it all went wrong. He ended up sitting with our group for a while after something went down with Karl. I secretly hoped that they'd be okay and have a happy ending. They just seemed perfect together. UPDATE RANBOO HERE! THEY FIXED THINGS! IT ONLY TOOK SOME ARSON AND NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCES!

Tommy was still not happy about Techno and Schlatt being friends but he didn't say anything, he preferred to just mutter swears under his breath and death glare Schlatt at every opportunity. Tubbo had fully recovered from his fall off the roof and Quackity had finally managed to escape his relationship with Schlatt and he finally seemed happy.

"UNO!" Tubbo screeched, slapping a blue 4 onto the pile of cards.
"FUCK!" Tommy yelled in reply, staring at the twelve cards he was currently holding. I laughed softly as Tubbo started mocking Tommy. We'd been playing UNO for the last hour and a half and every single time, Tubbo had won. "I'm done here, we're playing something else now!" Tommy threw his cards onto the floor and stood up, stretching and yawning as he did.

Tubbo rolled his eyes and stood up too, muttering something about how Tommy was a 'losing bitch'.
"What do you want to do now?" I asked, leaning back against the wall and crossing my legs. Tommy sent an angry glare towards the kitchen where Purpled was loudly crashing around, trying to make food.
"I want to beat the shit out of Purpled," He growled, making me and Tubbo laugh. I shook my head slightly and thought about things we could do.

After a few minutes of thinking, we all had nothing. Tubbo flopped down on his bed, he'd moved into my room ever since that night when Schlatt shot Techno. Purpled didn't mind in the slightest, he said that he would miss having someone to talk to but he was glad to have the room to himself. I loved having Tubbo as a roommate, Tommy was also technically my roommate as well, seeing as he spent most nights sleeping on a blow up mattress on the bedroom floor. For the most part it was awesome but none of us got much sleep.

"Can you believe that this year is almost over?" Tubbo sighed, clutching his bee plush to his chest. Tommy ran his hand through his blond hair and I shook my head softly.
"Holy shit guys, we all managed to survive this year!" Tommy grinned at us. It really had been a crazy year. Part of me was glad that it was over, that I could put everything bad behind me but the other part of me didn't want it to end, because then school would finish and everyone would go home to their families and I would have nowhere to go.

I got a letter a few weeks ago and I hadn't shown anyone. My parents had put me up for adoption. Technically because I wasn't 18 yet, they could still do that. So now I didn't have a home to go back to and I definitely didn't want to go to an orphanage. I decided it would probably be best if I told my two best friends about it.

I took a deep breath, "Hey guys?" Tommy and Tubbo immediately turned their attention to me, "I don't have a home to go to during the holidays. My parents put me up for adoption," I felt tears well up in my eyes as I spoke and Tubbo immediately walked over and knelt beside me, giving me a big hug.

"I've got two things to say to that," Tommy said, making me look up in confusion. "One, your parents are both fucking dumbass bitches. Two, you actually do have a home to go to during the holidays," What did he mean? The letter had said that I would be sent to an orphanage or put into the foster system until I was 18. That meant I did't have a home, unless I was adopted which, let's face it, wasn't going to happen.

"What do you mean?" I asked, voicing my concerns. Tubbo adjusted his position so he was sitting next to me, his head leaning on my shoulder. He looked extremely tired.
"I mean Tubbo and I already knew about what your parents did, we just didn't mention it because we didn't want to make you uncomfortable. And you actually have got a home to go to because my mum and dad, adopted you," He gave me a big smile and thumbs up. I didn't reply, I was in shock. Had Philza Minecraft, one of the teachers at our school, Tommy's dad, really adopted me?!

Yes. Yes he had. Because the very next month I was getting on a plane with a heap of other students that were heading to England and flying across the world to my new home. Tubbo got super excited because apparently he didn't live too far from Tommy so we'd be able to see each other in the holidays, this made me very happy, I probably wouldn't have made it the whole holiday without him. As for my new family, well, Tommy and Wilbur welcomed me as their brother with open arms and Phil and his wife, Kristin already considered me a son and Kristin had even made the effort to fly down to the school to meet me before I moved in. My new family was incredible and for once I felt loved by parents.

Then there was Technoblade.

He hadn't really expressed his feelings towards me. He'd just said 'We're brothers now. Don't be like Tommy and we'll get along,'. I didn't really know how to respond to that.

So that was that. Everything was okay. I was happy and Tommy was happy and Tubbo was happy.

I had friends, something I'd never had before. I had the two best friends that anyone could ever ask for.

And to think, it all started with a page of a diary that ended up next to the bench in the courtyard.

Word count - 1142

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

The final chapter will be out tomorrow!
I will be starting another story that is set in the same universe! It will be a DNF.
My other book, 'Caught In The Fire - Karlnap' is set in the same universe as this one if you want to read that :)

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!