9 - Letters and Friends

TW - swearing

RANBOO POV -

After the other day's incident, Tubbo didn't speak to me again. He actually tried to, he walked over to me and started a conversation about the weather but the teacher came over and yelled before making him move seats.

I now sat alone in the back of every class, I sat alone at lunch and I sat alone in my room with the door locked, hiding from the world. I felt so trapped in my own mind, so consumed by my own thoughts. I was suffocating in confusion and hopelessness.

That when I decided to go back to the bench.

After another week of isolation I returned to the bench. As I walked, I felt numb. Numb to all the stares, all the whispers, all the judgement. As I approached my hidden bench I noticed three pieces of paper sitting under a rock on my the floor.

I curiously picked them up.

The first piece of paper was the diary entry I'd written on that day.

The other two were replies.

I stared at them in shock. People had replied. They even seemed to care!

They wouldn't care of they knew who Ender really was I thought bitterly, sitting down and holding the letters in my hands.

Maybe they don't have to know though, I smiled softly. Maybe this could be my chance to get friends and not be lonely anymore!

I quickly pulled out a spare notebook out of my bag and began to scribble a note.

Hi!
This notebook is ours now, our way to communicate freely.
Don't be scared about talking about feelings, we don't know who we actually are so it doesn't matter what we say as long as we don't name names.
I'm tired of being alone and I think you are too.
Till next time?

- Ender

I smiled at the page before tucking the three loose letters inside the cover. Once I was done, I concealed the book slightly in a bush, making sure it was still visible then I walked away, smiling to myself. For the first time, I felt hopeful.

👑Time Skip👑
✨Three Weeks Later✨

THIRD PERSON POV -

The three boys began to correspond through Ranboo's notebook. Sometimes the would share their deepest and darkest thoughts and secrets and other times they would joke about normal teenage things, like shoplifting and minor arson.

Most of their conversations went like this:

Hello,
My brother was such a dick today! He made me get his lunch for him. So I spat in it. Seventeen times.
- Big Man

————————————-

Heeeeeeey,
L
I spilled my popcorn on my roommate's bed and he wasn't happy. Then I got punched again, by 'you know who' (he means Schlatt) it kinda hurts but I should be fine. I just have to learn never to talk about bees in front of him ever again.

- Bee

————————————-

Hi!
I'm sorry your brothers being mean Big Man and I'm sorry you got punched Bee.
I'm still isolated :(
But at least we have each other right?
Till next time!