18 - Guilt and Kidnapped

TW - swearing, mentions of murder, kidnapping, getting knocked out, death threats

WILBUR POV -
(A Few Days Earlier)

I was pissed. I wasn't allowed in court with Tommy. I desperately wanted to see him, most importantly to apologise.

He'd been gone for about a week now. The day after the explosions I went into the rubble of his room which they had already started rebuilding. I started digging around in the spot that I thought Tommy's room was in but I found nothing, I didn't even know what I was looking for in the first place.

Then I'd noticed Tubbo and that Serial Killer Kid sitting on a half hidden bench, reading some sort of book and huddled close together. I made my way over to them, my hands deep in the pockets of my L'Manburg jacket which was a special exception to the school's dress code because I was running for student body president.

When I reached them, Tubbo looked up at me and his face filled with fear.
"H...Hi Wilbur," He stuttered, shrinking away from me and obviously fighting the urge to hide his face in Serial Killer Kid's shoulder.
"What're you reading?" I asked, reaching out for the book in their laps. Serial Killer Kid pulled it away from me and glared at me.

"Back off," He hissed in a deep voice that surprised me. I rolled my eyes,
"Okay Serial Killer, lemme tell you it's really not nice to quote your victim's last words," I retorted making his eyes go wide. I saw a flash of something I'm his eyes and Tubbo clearly noticed it too because he whispered something into Serial Killer Kid's ear. Immediately the other relaxed and smiled at Tubbo.

I took the opportunity to snatch the book out of their hands. I opened it and saw that it was a series of letters written over the span of the last few months. Even though they were written in code names it was easy to tell that the three different people 'Ender', 'Bee', and 'Big Man' were actually Serial Killer Kid, Tubbo and Tommy.

As I read through a couple of Tommy's letters I noticed that he talked about his brother a lot and after a moment I realised he was talking about me. None of what he said was good, I suddenly realised that it was true. I'd been an absolute dick to Tommy. I'd been so consumed by winning this election that I'd forgotten to be a good brother.

I threw the book of letters at the two boys who were still sitting on the bench before sprinting away, my mind racing over ways to make it up to Tommy.

Which leads me to now. I sat on my bed, strumming my guitar softly, singing lyrics under my breath. I was writing a song about Tommy as an apology. I was also buying him a shit ton of cake.

I was so invested in the words that I had scribbled in a note book in front of me that I didn't hear the soft knock on my door. I kept singing and strumming, oblivious to the world around me. But then the knocking came again. Along with a voice,
"Wilbur! Get the fuck out here!" A woman with a thick Irish accent yelled, making me sigh deeply. Minx. Polite as ever. I hauled myself off my bed and walked over to the door.

Minx stood impatiently in the kitchen, her arms crossed.
"Fuckin' finally," She muttered as I walked out of my room.
"What do you want Minx?" I asked, rolling my eyes. Her demeanour suddenly changed from calm and collected to panicked and scared, it was kinda freaky.
"Schlatt took Niki!" She cried.

'He's fucking dead' I thought, balling my hands into fists. Wordlessly Minx lead me out of the kitchen and out of the dorm. I followed her out of school grounds, not once questioning how she knew were to go. Looking back that was really dumb of me.

We arrived at a sort of circular hatch door in the middle of the forest floor. Minx heaved it open and gestured for me to step inside. I did so, my mind focused on finding Niki. I climbed down a metal ladder, my foot making a loud noise as it met with each rung. It was completely dark and I couldn't see anything. When I reached the bottom, I pulled out my phone to use as a torch.

The second I pulled it out I noticed a missed call from Niki. I immediately tried to call her back. It rung a few times before she picked up.
"Niki! Are you okay?" I asked quickly, listening to find out if she was hidden somewhere in the darkness.
"Yeah? Will are you okay? I just wanted to see if you were up for a trip to the mall. Don't worry though, Fundy and I just headed into town instead, we're at Eret's Kingdom right now, you know that little cafe?"

Wait. She was in the town that was half an hour away from the school. She was in Eret's Kingdom, the LGBTQ+ themed cafe in the middle of town.

"Minx?" I turned around to ask her why she'd lied to me but I felt someone grab me and something hit the back of my head. I fell to the ground and blacked out.

—————————

I groaned a bright light hit my eyes. I squinted, trying to get a bearing on my surroundings. I seemed to be in a room that was shrouded in darkness, the only light being the lamp that was literally directed at my eyes.
"What the fuck," I mumbled, trying to reach a hand up to block the light but I couldn't move my hands. They were tied to a fucking chair. I began to struggle, confused and scared as to what was happening.

Then a voice came out of the darkness.
"Don't fight it Wilbur. You aren't escaping. And if you try... well I'll just have to kill you," Schlatt. That fucking bitch.
"Let me go!" I yelled. He laughed loudly and I heard another voice laughing along with him. Minx. That traitor.
"Minx! How could you! Just wait until I tell Niki!" I screech, struggling once again against the ropes tying me to the chair.

"You won't," She snarled, taking a step towards me. Schlatt held her back and whispered something under his breath.

"She's right Wilbur. You see, you aren't leaving here alive... unless Tommy gives up Tubbo, Ranboo and Quackity,"

Oh shit. So my life was in the hands of Tommy Innit. Guess I was dead then. I mean it wasn't like he was gonna give up Tubbo and Serial Killer Kid and even Quackity. After all, they'd been nothing but nice to him. I, however had been an absolute wanker.

I'd fucked up.

And it had possibly just cost me my life.

Word count - 1147

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Sorry I didn't put out a chapter yesterday!

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!