Chapter 1

"Bye Mum, bye Dad.", Hermione called over her shoulders as she walked over the hall to the door. She was leaving for Diagon Alley for her school shopping. they had been called to complete their last years education in Hogwarts. Hermione had received her Hogwarts letter two weeks ago. She had found her parents in Australia and had restored their memories and was happily living with them. She had contacted Harry, Ron, and Ginny asking whether they were going back to do their Eighth year.

They had responded immediately telling that only Ginny would be attending the Eighth year. Both of the boys had received Internships for the Auror program that year. They had decided that they will head to the Internship rather than wait to finish their education.

Hermione wasn't exactly ecstatic with their choice. But she did not oppose their decision. It was their life after all. They had the right to take decisions. She did not need to catch on their ears or reprimand them for every single thing. They had grown up.

Now they did not Hermione's advice for anything. They were in short self-sufficient. They were perfectly going well without her, In short, they had abandoned her. She was sad. She did not show it to anybody, especially her parents, but inside, she was destroyed, devastated. She hardly talked anymore. She spent more and more time alone.

She now preferred the darkness, loneliness of her house now. She did not even go to the Burrow as she usually would have at the end of the holidays. Another reason for the loneliness was that she and Ron had broke it up during the holidays. True, they had met for a couple of Dates and soon she understood that she never loved Ron in a romantic sort of way. It would never be happy if you dated a person who is your brother, it was exactly what happened with them.

She had received her Hogwarts letter midway through her breakfast two weeks ago. A handsome tawny owl had dropped the letter in front of her.

Dear Miss Granger,

We are very happy to inform that you have been invited to complete your Eighth year in Hogwarts. We would very much appreciate if you choose to come.

The term as usual starts on the First of September. The list of the books required are as usual enclosed within. I am also informing you that a resorting will be there this year for every eighth year who has chose to return.

I am very happy to tell you that you also have been appointed as the head girl. You will receive guidelines as usual in the Heads Compartment. Usually, you would have received a separate dormitory for yourself and the Head Boy, but there will be no need of it this year.

As I already said, I and the School Staff expectantly wait for your arrival.

Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Head Mistress,

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

She had waited for the 27th of August to do her school shopping. She knew that by that time most of them would have finished the shopping by that time. She had gotten her apparition license, so she apparated straight to Diagon Alley.

She was looking down so that nobody would notice her. Suddenly, she painfully collided with somebody. She looked up. She had fallen from the force of the collision. A hand extended to help her up. She glanced up and saw Draco Malfoy, looking handsome in a muggle outfit.

He looked amazing in a black Hoodie inside a denim jacket with an artfully ripped jeans

He looked amazing in a black Hoodie inside a denim jacket with an artfully ripped jeans. He was also wearing canvas shoes which was pretty unbelievable while she was wearing a simple turtleneck and jeans.

 He was also wearing canvas shoes which was pretty unbelievable while she was wearing a simple turtleneck and jeans

She did not think that it was bad, but after seeing Malfoy, she felt that she was severely under dressed.

"Next time, watch where you are going Granger.", he smiled at her and went about his business.

Least to say Hermione was shocked.