Chapter 10

I could feel the warm sunlight on my face through the open blinds but I refused to open my eyes. Instead, I snuggled closer against the warmth beside me. I was too comfortable, sleepy and languid to even move.

So warm and cuddly, I thought to myself, wrapping my arms tighter around the warmth. I sighed in utter contentment and buried my face in the chest next to me. But as I cuddled closer, a strange thought registered in my mind. Who the hell was I hugging? My eyes snapped open and I quickly blinked the sleepiness away, only to find myself staring at a wide, hard chest. Panic filled me and I quickly looked up as my heart continued to hammer.

Then I let out a tiny gasp as my eyes met with platinum blonde hair.

Draco.

His pale eyelashes formed perfect half-circles on the sharp cheekbones, and they fluttered a little as he heaved long even breaths. He didn't exactly snore, but a small sound came out with every puff of breath. The blond hair, almost white in the shadowed room, had fallen forward in front of his face. Sleep created a softness to him that he hid so well when awake, behind that mask of sneers and loftiness.

He looked so calm in his sleep, the total opposite of what he represented when he was awake. His face was soft and his lips were slightly open. I couldn't help but smile at the sight in front of me. Yesterday was a breakthrough for us, he opened up for me, for making this relationship work. We were off to a better start now.

I tried to move but I felt something tighten around my hips. My eyes travelled down to see his arm wrapped around me. I also saw that I had a leg thrown over his, tangling us together.

Feeling completely mortified, I slowly moved my leg away and tried to scoot out of his embrace, but his hold was relentless. So, I gave up with a sigh and looked up at his sleeping face again. Now, the eyes were open, gazing at me in confusion. Up this close to him, I could see shards of icy blue strewn in his silver eyes. He stared at me for some more time, and maybe seeing that I had no problem for being in his arms, he whispered, "Hell with it.", and wrapped his arms around me once more. And I did not have anything against having a warm body to hug, so I threw my withdrawn leg over him, and we resumed our sleep, still tangled with limbs.

After a while, I woke up again, now, due to an incessant tapping noise on the closed window. I looked up at Draco's sleeping face. He was still in deep sleep and a shock of platinum blonde hair had taken rest on his fore head. I slowly brushed it back, enjoying the feeling of the soft hair between my fingers.

"Malfoy, wake up. There is an owl I think."

His eyes opened again, and he mumbled, "Five more minutes."

"No, and you are letting me go this instant."

"What if I don't?"

"I am going to send a bat-bogey hex your way, Malfoy. Get up now."

"Draco."

"What?"

"I said my name is Draco, you should call me Draco. Afterall you know my deepest, darkest secrets now. Its only fair for you to call me Draco."

"Then you have to call me Hermione too."

"Fair. Hermione?"

"Yes Draco?''

"Five more minutes, please."

"No."

The tapping had grown more insistent each passing minute.