Chapter 5

The dining table was a wood one which could seat 6. we sat down in opposite seats, and silently had our breakfast. I stood up from the table after I finished eating and went to get ready for the classes, while Granger went back to the Library to continue reading whatever she was reading when I interrupted her to have breakfast. Once a bookworm, always a bookworm.

I got into the shower and got ready for class quickly. I slipped into my white oxford and fastened the silver clasps of my new Slytherin robes. Time to face the world now. I went down to the living room to see it empty. I huffed in irritation. Classes started at 9:30, it was 9:15 now. I did not want to be late on the first day if the eighth year. I stomped my way over to the library where I saw Granger fast asleep, resting her head on the open book. My face softened, she looked very tired, the black circles made it quite clear for me.

"Granger, wake up... it is time for classes. We are going to be late. Come on wake up."

"uh-what Malfoy?"

"I told you that we were going to be late for class. It is 9:20 now, classes start at 9:30. We have ten minutes to reach Marriage counselling."

"Then what are you waiting for? Let's go."

*Switching to Hermione's point of view for a while*

Malfoy and me rushed through the lawns, not even turning to look if someone was in our way. The climate had already started to turn cold, and the cool air nipped on my nose as I ran to the warm safe haven which was the castle. We were more than halfway through the way when I noticed the absence of the familiar heavy weight swishing around my shoulders. I had forgotten my bag. I groaned silently in frustration. I called out to Malfoy, who did not stop. I extended my arms and caught his wrists, making him skid into a stop.

"We are already late for class as it is Granger. What do you want now?"

"Oh Lord, I forgot my book bag Malfoy, how could I even forget about it? How am I even supposed to study and make notes in class without my bags?"

"Oh Merlin. Just shut up Granger, I have it with me, see. Now do not waste my time and just come with me."

He grasped my hand and interlaced his fingers through mine, and pulled us both along the remaining way. I stared at our hands, intertwined together, like a normal couple's hands would be. I felt a snort creep up my throat at the thought of how the young Malfoy would have reacted if he had seen the future himself willingly holding her hands, and in a few months, marrying her, which I hastily turned into a cough. The both of us were in the castle in no time. We skidded through hallways and stopped in front of a classroom, panting heavily, as we rested there for a few moments to catch our breaths.

The new class, was in a room which I had never entered before. It was spacious and was now filled with tables which could seat two per table. I saw almost all of the new couples sitting there, very few tables were empty. We sat down on a table where our names were left on a ridiculous pink frilly heart. A few more of the new couples trickled in and the new teacher entered the classroom. She was dressed in plum robes and a golden hat was perched atop her wavy green hair. She looked friendly enough and flashed us an extra bright, real looking smile.

"Welcome Students. This is our first class for Marriage counselling. I am Professor Melody van Heusen and would be your teacher for marriage counselling till the end of the year. The matchings were not very accepted by all of you I can see. But I certainly am sure that we will have a great year ahead of us and the Matching spells were very carefully created, so there will be no mishaps. So, in our first class, we are doing some basic getting to know each other activities, and a project which is going to last for a month."