Chapter 3

"Draco Malfoy", was all she heard before she felt all world turn black. She braced herself from the inevitable fall onto the hard-stone floor of the Great Hall. But it never came, she landed in a pair of strong arms. She tried to open her eyes, she had forgotten about the fact that she had gotten herself drunk at the thought of marrying someone else and be a child producing being for the Goddamned Ministry of Magic, but got a harsh remembrance when she felt the beginnings of a head-splitting migraine coming.

She felt herself being carried around to God knows where and finally he, it was certainly a he, stopped in front of a portrait, was it? He whispered something to the portrait, and it opened, revealing a drawing room of sorts, she could not see clearly due to the fact that she was sloshed. She felt whoever it was- who carried her- put her on the floor. She felt herself swinging backwards and forward and fell back in his arms. He sighed again and lifted her again and carried her some more, again to where, she did not know.

She sensed her rapid loss in altitude and tried to gain height, flailing her arms around in the process.

"Fuck Granger, what is your problem? First you fall on top of me, then you punch me on the nose. What did I even do to you?", asked a drawl from somewhere above her. She felt herself get steady again and was gently dropped onto a soft and fluffy thing, a bed maybe?

**Switching to Draco's Point of view for some time**

I gently lower her onto the bed. I sigh again and look around the room. I saw my trunk at the foot of the king-sized bed. I go over to it and take out my dragon skin wallet from it. I take out my potions kit and revert it back to its original size. I take the Sobering potion and goes back to Granger who has already fallen half asleep, and is now mumbling sense less things under her breath. I tip her head back and pour the potion into her slightly parted mouth. She sobers up almost instantly.

She looks at me smiling, and calls me "Harry" before her face contracted into anger and "Malfoy" boomed in my ears before she...

She stood up and tried to beat me up with her hands, but she was repelled off me with my raw magic. It seems like the Brightest witch of the Age did not listen to the Sorting Hat babble on and on about my magical core being very strong in front of the whole bloody school. Oh wait, she was completely sloshed, maybe about the fact that I was going to be her husband not long afterwards. She would have felt irritated at me being a death eater. If only she got to know what I had to go through to get out of the war alive.

I place my attention back to her as she lay whimpering on the corner of the room. I slowly go near her and saw that she had fallen unconscious at the shock. I healed her and then I heard a knock at the door. I open the door to see McGonagall, Potter, Weasley, Weaslette, Blaise, Pansy-who had arrived in the middle of the chaos, Lovegood, Brown and Neville. Neville came near me and gave me a hug and I hugged him back. I saw all of their mouths drop open and they did not know whether to check both of us for Imperious curses or whether they should send us to St Mungo's to the Janus Thickey ward for madness or a severe case of permanent brain damage.

Pansy, as usual, did not abide by the normal culture of hugging, and just jumped upon to hug me, wrapping her arms around me, her legs wrapped around my middle in a tight lock. But she was not laughing, she was crying.

"Pans, what is it honey? You know that you can tell me anything right?" but she did not tell me anything and just held on more tightly and sobbed even more harder. Neville sighed and told me, "The pairing continued when you guys left and she was paired with Harry and he refuses to even talk with her. She is obviously very upset. Just calm her down Draco."

I started to pace around the common area, still with Pansy hugging me. I felt wetness seeping through my shirt and I could not care less. She was like my sister and I would have done anything to help her during her breakdown. I rubbed soothing circles on her back with my free hand, slowly humming a lullaby all the while. Her sobbing reduced to occasional sniffles and after a while she raised her head from my shoulder and gave me a watery smile. I heard Neville breath out a sigh. I turned and passed her to Neville, on whom her little body curled on tight. I went back to the room again, now to see Granger in a peaceful slumber. I take out the light blue potion which I usually make for Pansy and went back to the common room to see that everyone was seated in the love seats and couches strewn across the room and had taken to awkwardly stare at each other without having anything in particular to do or to say.

Neville had Pansy on his lap and she seemed to have gone into a fitful slumber. I went over to her and tried to shake her awake.

"Pansy, wake up now."

She slowly opened her eyes, her jade orbs locked onto mine with a pleading intensity, like she wanted to get out of this place as fast as she could. Her eyes were filled with sadness and desperation, and this fact made any sympathy and chivalry I had to Potter disappear. I desperately wanted to stick my throat on his neck and subject him to a rather nasty version of the Bat Bogey hex. On my right, Ginny sat looking like she wanted to do the exact same thing, but only directed at Blaise, who was -rather foolishly, I must admit- looking at her like she was the last piece of the chocolate cake, he loved, in the world. If he did not stop looking her like that, he would be left with one short of his 'crown jewels' as he always put it. I don't care, as long as it is not mine.

I tip Pansy's head back and give her the potion. She calms down and has gone into a dreamless slumber.

"Draco...", Neville calls me.

"Yes Nev?"

"Look, she has a bruise where Harry caught her arm."

I looked at her arm and saw a purple bruise, now swelling rapidly. I feel anger building up through my body, but I need to control it. I took a few deep breaths and steeled myself to actually heal her rather than break Potter's nose, which I would have loved to do now. I approach Pansy again and I positively see red as she flinched on hearing me approach her. I murmur her name and she calm down on recognising my voice. I approached her again, now to see that she has delved back into her profound slumber. I touch her bare arm, channelling my magic to heal her. Slowly, Neville's face gets loose from its contorted state from before, and Pansy gave a sleepy little sigh on the pain getting from intense to next to nothing in moments.

I heard McGonagall gasp from her position on the couch, she asks me, "Mr. Malfoy, are you?"

"Yes Professor, I am a Touch Healer."