Chapter 13

Must Read

This has some content which might not be for everyone. If anyone is triggered from torture scenes and things like that, you guys can skip the portion.

I had to take my vaccine and I am still not able to use my hands freely. I have a fever and fatigue too.

Sorry for the short chapter guys.

Enjoy your read.

I woke up in Draco's arms again, feeling languid and peaceful. I have not had any nightmares for the past three nights and I had slept like a baby. I felt more refreshed and relaxed than I had felt in months. I reluctantly parted myself from his arms and rose up from the bed. I stared at Draco who was still sound asleep. He looked so angel like that my heart skipped a beat and a small smile escaped my lips. Today was the day of the Ball, and it was taking place at 8 o'clock in the evening. I was shocked at how far we had come from being arch enemies who would slit the other's throat without hesitation to being best friends and maybe something more.

I stared at Draco some more, memorizing his features into my mind. He then stirred a little, his hands out searching for something on the bed. I almost slapped my hand on my forehead, of course he was looking for me. I took the pillow my head was on moments ago and slid it closer to his still searching arms. He took hold of it and hugged it just like he would hug me. I ran my fingers through his silky silver locks for a moment, enjoying the feel of the soft fluffy hair between my fingers. He was completely different than what I had anticipated from him. He was gentle and caring, yet something in me prevented me from believing him completely. Fear crept in my mind sometimes, what if all this was a façade to hide his cruel self?

I did not really know what was real and what was fake now. I was confused and tended to fear away from everything in my life. I went to the bathroom. I stepped into the warm shower, the hot water spraying over my body, calming my nerves and relaxing me. As my sleep riddled mind cleared, I contemplated my feelings about Draco. To a certain extent, I liked him as a friend. I did not know, or I was not sure of moving forward with him in my life.

I finished with my shower, I changed into my favorite t-shirt and leggings. I padded over to the dresser and started to dry my hair manually. As my fingers ran through strands of damp hair, I caught Draco's reflection on the mirror, sound asleep.

His grey eyes were closed, his silver hair tousled from sleep, lower lip stuck out in a tiny pout. He was still bare-chested, his muscular body full on display. He stirred in his sleep and his biceps flexed in the tony movement. I came out of the trance when the hot steam from the drier almost, the keyword being almost, burned my hand. I looked back at myself and resumed my interrupted hair drying again.

I noticed Draco getting up, his stretch and yawn seemingly passing in slow motion in front of me. He got off form the bed and stood tall in the middle of the room, all sinew and feline grace. He looked at me and offered me an easy smile which I returned. He ambled over to the bathroom for the shower.

I had finished drying my hair by that time. I put it up in a pony tail and I stared at myself in the mirror, barely recognizing the person who was looking back at me. my body had obviously changed to adapt to the magical Pregnancy. But it was my face and my stomach which shocked me.

My skin had become clearer, my cheeks slightly plump and rosy. My eyes sparkled with an emotion I could not put my fingers on. Was it happiness or contentment? I did not know. But I did know that I liked this new me better.