25

the five friends arrived at rixons cove and all piled off the boat one by one. JJ was still ignoring bentley, and even shoved past her to get off the boat.

"JJ woah dude! b are you okay?" pope asked as the girl lost her balance in her heels.
"yeah. i'm fine, thanks pope" she smiled, sitting back down on the bench to take off her heels as pope waited on the ground to help her out.

"you're too sweet pope, i don't know how all the girls aren't falling at your feet" bentley joked as the two walked together as the rest of the friends began to make a fire in the pit.

"and yet your lowkey pyscho and all the boys are running after you, i don't get it" he joked back and she cracked a huge smile.

she sat down on the logs between JJ and pope, and JJ then stood up to sit on the other side of kie, bentley feeling a strike of pin hit her heart.

"hey guys, so my dads already gonna kill me so what's this mandatory meeting all about?" pope asked, the two girls both confused too.

"might as well tell 'em now before we're all gassed"

"so the gold never went down with the royal merchant. it's been here the whole time. it's on the island" john b started

"seriously!" both bentley and kie said

both john b and pope rambled back and forth, leading john b to present his evidence as if he was presenting soemthing in school.

"so.... in my backpack, i have a letter from denmark tanny"

"who the hell is that?" lie asked

"he was a slave who survived the wreck. slaves weren't classed as crew members in the ship, but my dad... he found the compels manifest" john b said

bentley zoned out of what he was talking about, looking away from him and noticed JJ staring at her across the fire.

she looked back at him, noticing he was focused on her and didn't relaise she was looking back, but as she did she took in the look on his face. to her, it was a look of disgust and sadness. he then realised, and snapped his head away, shuffling with his hat and played it off.

she looked down to her hands in her lap, shaking crazily as she played with her headpiece she had taken off from the night.

she felt tears well up in her eyes, but before anyone could tell she wiped them away.

"are you sure you're okay? you seem off" pope whispered next to her making her jump.

"pope in promise i'm okay. thanks" she said, looking up to see JJ embracing john b in a bear hug and he freaked out over the fire behind them.

"wait so what's the plan?" bentley spoke up to out herself f back in the conversation again.

"so sarah cameron is coming tonight with a real map of tannyhill plantation" john b said

"wait wait wait, sarah? why sarah?" kie spoke up

"this is gonna be good" jj mumbled

"sarah uh, she..got me into chapel hill yesterday and got me into the archives ti get all this" he said

"you were in chapel hill! with sarah!" kie said