Æ - 22 - Æ

jaemin pushed open the two large doors which led to the head angel's office.

he felt like this place had become his home in the past months because of the high number of times he got there.

"who's there?" the old angel asked, rising his head from his paperwork.

"it's me."

"oh, na jaemin."

the head angel closed the file he was reading before looking at the ethereal angel standing in front of him.

jaemin took slow steps towards the armchair in front of the desk, and sat down in silence.

"mark told me you had something important going on." the old man stated.

"yeah..." jaemin replied, playing with his fingers.

"is it about donghyuck and haechan?"

jaemin didn't answer verbally.

he simply nodded, biting his bottom lip in the process as his heart was beating very fast.

his life wasn't the simplest at the moment.

"did something happen?" the head angel asked, seeing jaemin's nervous state.

"he appeared twice since i revived his memories." jaemin said. "the first time was right after i revived him. and the second time was yesterday."

"i'm sorry, jaemin. we can't control when they change places..." the older male apologised.

"that's not what's bothering me the most."

"tell me everything, then."

jaemin took a deep breath, trying to organise his messy thoughts the best he could.

"i know that you're no cupid or social assistant, but i feel like this is important." jaemin started off slowly. "donghyuck told me something that i didn't want to believe at first, but something true. what i did hurts him. and it hurts me too. now that i come to think about it, reviving him was a mistake. what i did is breaking both of us."

the head angel leaned forwards, placing one of his hands over jaemin's shoulder in a comforting manner.

"jaemin, i may not realise how much you love donghyuck, and i may not know how much haechan disappoints you, but i know that reviving your boyfriend's memories wasn't a mistake." he explained.

"he wants us to stop everything." jaemin argued back.

"but is that what you want?"

"of course not..." jaemin scoffed as a tear escaped from his eye.

"then don't."

"how am i supposed to do that?" jaemin asked. "i have no power over them. i'm a useless angel... i'm not even an angel!"

the head angel sighed.

he felt like he kept having this conversation with jaemin.

over and over again.

"i personally chose you, jaemin. i watched you throughout your human life. i know everything you did. i know how you are. i know who you are." he stated.

"i'm a poor guy who lost both of his parents. i'm an assassin. i'm a hater. i'm a monster. i'm an awful person. i'm everything except an angel."

the head angel sighed deeply. "jaemin, you have all the qualities required to be an angel. it's just that you don't see it."

"i'm supposed to be a human. and donghyuck is supposed to be my demon. i don't want it any other way."

"but this isn't possible anymore..."

"i know." jaemin declared. "that's why i don't want to be an angel anymore..."

the older angel looked at jaemin in the eye.

he gave him a sad smile, sensing the uneasiness present inside the angel.

he had to do something.

jaemin was someone pure but broken. and he didn't deserve this.

"maybe, i can do something for you." the head said, catching jaemin's attention again.

Æ

jaemin pushed the door of haechan's apartment open.

the angel didn't bother knocking or making his presence known.

it was useless anyway.

jaemin walked through the house, getting immediately in haechan's room.

he wasn't surprised to find his human half naked on his bed, kissing some random girl – one he had never seen before.

the two persons on the bed got startled by the door suddenly opening during their intimate moment.

"shit, that scared me." the girl giggled. "is your house haunted?" she added with a laugh.

haechan gulped, his eyes staring into jaemin's saddened ones.

"you need to go." he replied simply.

"what? me?" the girl raised a brow.

"yes, you. and quicker than that!" haechan added on a more aggressive tone.

the girl scoffed, muttering a few curse words before leaving the room and the house, slamming the front door behind her back.

she left jaemin and haechan in a long and awkward silence.

"i'll leave you to your occupations..." jaemin muttered, turning on his heels to leave haechan be.

however, before he could open the door of haechan's room, someone grabbed his wrist, preventing him to escape.

"please, jaemin..." haechan's voice begged. "stay."

"and watch my 'boyfriend' getting laid by someone that isn't me?" jaemin scoffed. "thanks, but i'll pass."

"does that mean you want to have sex with me?" haechan questioned.

"i want my boyfriend, haechan. and you aren't him. you'll never be."

haechan sighed loudly.

"look, jaemin... i'm very sorry for how i treated you. i never realised how broken you were, and how good you were to me." he explained. "i know i'm not your donghyuck, but if we look the same, maybe i can try becoming like him? i just want to help you..."

"i don't want any of this, haechan." jaemin spat. "you're a shame to donghyuck."

"i'm sorry..."

"don't be." jaemin replied. "i won't bother you anymore. and you won't bother me either."

"what does that even- "

"goodbye haechan." jaemin cut him, disappearing in a snap of fingers.

haechan stood there, confused by everything that had just happened.

what did jaemin mean?

what was the meaning of this goodbye?

and why did he look even worse than usual?