Æ - 26 - Æ

air refused to enter jaemin's metabolism right after the boy heard what had escaped the other boy's mouth first thing after he woke up.

fucking shit! don't shake me like that!

this was bad news.

jaemin felt the air lacking inside his lungs, as if he couldn't breathe anymore.

had everything failed for real?

was donghyuck's soul long lost and replaced by haechan's?

jaemin's eyes ran across the room, looking at his surroundings quickly to grasp any hint, anything that could convince him that he was still sleeping, and that this wasn't true.

he tried pinching himself a few times, but no. he felt that pain.

tears involuntarily cascaded down his cheeks.

he couldn't even look at the boy that was sitting on the bed next to him.

he needed to run away.

he needed to escape this hell.

jaemin had always wanted to have an angel in the first place.

he knew getting a demon would make his life a living hell.

it perhaps didn't happen when the demon was with him.

but it did now that he wasn't there.

jaemin choked on a sob as he jumped off the bed, and ran towards the door of the room.

"jaemin!"

jaemin ignored the voice behind his back that was calling him, and he kept speed-walking to the door, despite his vision getting blurry both because of his tears and his dizziness.

"jaemin!" the voice called again.

jaemin walked out of the room, his new itinerary being the front door of the house that he could see right in front of him, meters away.

he grabbed all his courage and ran there, his hand wrapping around the handle and pushing it down to open the door.

he would have opened it if nothing had stopped him.

but thankfully, he was stopped by the same voice.

he was stopped by a single word.

a word that meant that he had succeeded.

"nana..."

jaemin turned around, his eyes meeting for the first times the brown orbs of the human standing in front of him.

those eyes full of love and comfort.

those eyes that used to be glowing red.

those eyes he hoped to see for the rest of his days.

"a-aren't you going to kiss me hello...?" the boy asked unsure, tilting his head to the side as he gave jaemin the biggest toothy smile.