Æ - 23 - Æ

"i guess you've had your meeting with the head angel..."

jaemin sniffed loudly, using one of his hands to wipe the tears that had fallen from his eye as he nodded.

mark let out a sigh before opening his arms.

"come here." he stated.

jaemin didn't waste a second.

the angel walked into mark's arms, allowing the older boy to wrap his arms around jaemin's waist and hold his crying friend tight.

jaemin sobbed into the crook of mark's neck, his body losing all of his strength as he let his emotions take over him.

"why are you in such a state, minnie...?" mark whispered in the angel's ear. "what did the head angel tell you...?"

jaemin continued crying, not being able to stop the sobs that escaped his mouth.

he was completely broken.

he had always been.

but donghyuck was always here to collect the pieces of him and put them together again.

however, there was no donghyuck now. or at least, it seemed like there wasn't.

"h-he g-gave me a choice..." jaemin let out after a long while.

"what choice?"

"it's... it's either everything stays the way it is now..." jaemin started. "with haechan and donghyuck sharing the same body..."

"or either what...?" mark asked.

jaemin's started shaking again.

his breathing got uneven, tears cascaded down his cheeks, and he bit his bottom lip to the point it started bleeding.

"or either... w-we s-start all over a-again..." he replied.

mark looked at the crying angel with a saddened yet confused look.

he had no idea what that meant.

starting all over again.

but judging by the way jaemin had started crying madly, he imagined this was no good thing.

no good thing, for sure, but it may be their only chance...

"start what? what does that even mean?"

jaemin sniffled a few times.

he calmed his breathing and his tears, going back to a somewhat normal heartbeat.

"the head angel gave me one escape." jaemin informed.

"which is?"

"something very risky. but it's our only chance."

"tell me."

jaemin took a very deep breath.

"he said that i could exchange my angel life with the complete reincarnation of a body." he told.

"what?"

"it is possible for an angel to re-create their human. it isn't used frequently, but it still is possible."

"and what would happen?" mark asked.

"reincarnating your human offers him a new life. all of his friends and family forget about everything he could have done, and he revives under the same identity, but with a new life." jaemin repeats the exact same words the head angel had told him. "it's used most of the time when our humans did something really bad. a murder for example."

"and you plan on reviving donghyuck like that..." mark nodded, understanding where this conversation was going.

jaemin gulped, and mark noticed it.

so, this meant there was a complication.

"what? is there something you're not telling me?" mark asked.

"the head angel warned me. it has never been done with a body having two souls living within it."jaemin stated.

"what could happen?"

"one soul only will have a new birth."

"so... it's either donghyuck or... or haechan..."

"exactly."

mark bit his bottom lip.

they had one chance out of two.

either jaemin's boyfriend reappears, or he disappears forever.

"but... if haechan appears... why don't you revive donghyuck's memories again and then try the complete reincarnation again?" mark asked.

"only angels can do that, mark."

mark's brows furrowed in confusion. "but, you're an angel jaemin..."

"i am for now... but if i decide to reincarnate donghyuck fully, i'll need to give up on my angel life. it's the price to pay..."

mark gasped.

he hadn't understood that at first.

so, they really had one chance...

"so... either you take the risk and become human... or everything stays the way it is?" mark asked for confirmation.

jaemin nodded, making mark gulp.

"and..." mark sighed. "do you know what you are going to do...?"

"i do."

mark's eyes widened as he looked at jaemin into the eye.

he was scared of what he could choose.

jaemin was his friend. one of his dearest friends.

he didn't want to lose him. even if mark would still be able to see him, jaemin wouldn't be able to see and communicate with mark anymore.

but it's either that, or jaemin loses his boyfriend...

and mark knew that jaemin loved donghyuck dearly.

he couldn't stop him if he was this close to getting him back.

"w-what do you plan to do then...?" mark asked, a lump formin in his throat in anticipation.

"i'm giving up on my angel life. and i'll pray hard that the one getting reincarnated is donghyuck, and not haechan."