Chapter 2. Exhale.

Techno pov.

     She tilts her head at me curiously, her eyes looking different from before. I feel uncomfortable under her boring gaze. She raises fully off of Phil and begins to try and stand, using Phil as a crutch. He stands with her, his calloused hands holding onto her arms to support her as she rises.
     "You should have told me you were coming Phil.." she speaks softly as she steals glances towards me. Phil releases his hold on her arms and sighs, his voice sounding regretful, "I'm sorry, I didn't have the time to write ahead." She shakes her head and dusts off her clothes, she looks up at the slowly darkening sky, "It's okay, Phil, it just surprised me." She visibly shivers, the cool air finally getting to her through her thin clothing. "We should go inside.." Phil nods his head in agreement as he starts walking with her, he seems to be mumbling something to her, too quietly for me to hear.
     I sigh heavily as I stand there, my feet having sunk into the ground slightly. I look at the ground as I run my hands though my hair, "what a great first impres..." I trail off as I notice a single flower laying next to my feet, it had been dug out of the ground and pulled up. I kneeled down on one knee and picked it up in my hands, careful not to ruin the flower. There's an old basket laying on it's side, my hands seem to act on there own as they fix the basket right side up. I move the trovel into the basket, adjusting it to sit snug into he basket with the flower.
     I stand and dust off the knees of my pants before picking up the basket. The sun going down quickly as I make my way across the field to the cabin. I look at the old building, silhouetted by the sun, it let's off a warm welcoming glow, fire rising from the chimney. They must have started a fire when they went in. I smiles softly at the lived in home, my body relaxing some. It's been a long time since I've felt relaxed in a new place.

Y/n pov.

     As soon as I had gathered my senses, I escaped with philza to the cabin, "Who is that?" I can feel my heart beating loudly, my thoughts swimming around so quickly I can't focus. Phil sighs and runs a hand through his hair, "that's Techno, he's a friend of mine.. look he's a good per- are you okay?" He looks at me, tears having filled my eyes without me noticing.
     I sniffle and wipe my eyes, "yeah, yeah... I just didn't expect to see you today." I smile weakly at him. His face scrunches up slightly. He reaches with his arms and pulls me into him, hugging me tightly, "I'm sorry I haven't come to see you in so long." He mumbles, his voice muffled as he has his face buried into my hair.
     Phil takes a deep breath and pulls away from me, "Let's get you taken care of okay?" He helps me into the living room and sets me down in my chair. I watch as he picks up my blanket from the floor and draps it over my shoulders. "You scared me earlier, I thought I might have lost you.." My hands gripped the blanket to pull it closer to myself, "I'm sor-" "ah ah ah, stop it right there- don't go apologizing for being afraid."
     He hums quietly to try and console me as he works on lighting a fire in the dusty fireplace. He finally gets the the fire going and huff, he rubs his hands together, "Maybe it'll warm up some in here now." A soft meow is heard from the kitchen sound, before it can be heard more and more. Sushi's black ears appear first, then his face and rest of his body come out of the hallway.
     He stridded over to Phil, rubbing his face against his leg and stretching out. He sits in front of Phil and meows. "I guess Sushi finally realized your here." I giggle, curling up into the chair, Phil smiling in response.
     Philza leans down to wrap his arms around the large cat, he pulls him up with his as he straightens up again. Sushi appears very comfortable in his arms. "He really missed you if you can't tell."
     "That or he just wants the cat nip in my pocket."
Phil smiles at me slyly as he digs in his pocket, holding Sushi up with one arm. "I saw it on our way and thought I'd grab it." "Oh Phil, you always now what to bring." I smile at him and Sushi and lean my head against my knees.
     I can here the front door open and I burry my face into the blanket. Oh God, I don't want to face him. He was just trying to see if he was in the right place and I freaked out on him so bad, a quiet groan slips past my lips. I can hear his heavy foot steps make a soft thud noise each time his feet land until he's standing right in front of me. Once again, his shadow casting over me. He clears his throat and a thud can be heard, "I uh-" he sounds awkward, it's almost cute. My face feels warm as soon as the thought passes through my mind. Oh God. My body shifts in the chair to look up at him, my hands holding the blanket to cover most of my face, my eyes just peaking up at him. He looks as awkward as he sounds, but it's a nice change from how he looked to start with. My eyes soak in his features, I want to reach out and trace my fingers over the scars on his face, they're all unique. I can feel my face getting warmer, stop stop stop- stop it right now. I pause when he holds up a basket I hadn't noticed at first.
     "I'm sorry for scaring you... y/n, I have a pretty bad reputation for that.." He holds out the basket to me, I take it from him. It's the flower I wanted. As I stared at it, my thoughts started spinning. He's nicer than I first thought, He didn't mean any harm, he's beautiful. The reds in my cheek flushing so bright, I turned my head so that neither of the men standing in the room could see.
     Techno sighs and stands up again. He goes to turn and walk away but I panic, I couldn't let him think I didn't appreciate his efforts. I reached out and grabbed ahold of his wrist, stopping him from moving, his body tensing up slightly. He turns back towards me, his eyes full of questioning. I avert my eyes from his, the red in my face ever still present, "Thank you.." I glance up and see Phil standing behind Techno, a knowing smirk on his face. I frown at him. My attention is drawn back to Techno as I let go of his wrist, "Thank you." I make eye contact with him this time, a small smile forming on my lips.
     Techno's eyes have widened slightly, it looks like he didn't expect me to thank him. His cheeks having a dusted pink on them, "uhh you're welcome." He must be embarrassed.

Techno pov.

     A quite grown reaches my ears as I enter the door. I sigh quietly as I see Phil wave me over. He points at y/n, her whole body pulled up into the chair and buried in a large blanket. I roll my eyes and make a sign at him, trying to say I've got it handled. I approach her slowly, far too aware of the sound of my feet hitting the hardwood floor beneath me.
     I stand before her for a moment, when she doesn't make any move to look at me I kneel down in front of her, "I uh.." what should I say? I go quite for a moment trying to think, I don't want to say the wrong thing. I feel something soft hit me in the back. I turn to see philza, holding a bowl of biscuits. I look at him confused as he starts making motions towards y/n. I roll my eyes and turn back to her, just in time to see her lifting her head to look up at me, her face a deep shade of red. I lift up the basket, "I'm sorry I scared you... y/n... I have a pretty bad reputation of doing that." All she did was stare at me. I held out the basket for her to take, she reached out slowly and take the weight from my hands. She has no reaction as she looks at the flower inside of the basket.
     I sigh as I stand and begin to turn away from her until I feel a small hand latch into my wrist. I stop and turn towards her again. She refused to make eye contact with me as she mumbled, "Thank you.." I hang my head for a moment, apology failed I guess. I look up, a heavy feeling in my chest suddenly vanishing as I see her doe eyes staring straight into mine, "Thank you." She spoke with more confidence than she had a second ago, a small smile displayed on her lips. I could feel my face heat up. Or maybe it was a success? "Uh.. you're welcome." You're welcome is all I could think of saying.
     God, Phil is never going to let me live this down....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooo you want to follow me and keep reading soo badly 👀 I didn't proof read this one as well as I did the last chapter, but I think it's okay-

Tell me what you think so far. :)
1661 words